[𝟎𝟎𝟏] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒

aurora mandell stood on the balcony of her new apartment. although she had been hoping for a view of the skyline like in the pictures, she had to admit she like the view of her street with it's flickering streetlamps. her best friend, timothée chalamet stood next to her. 

"can you believe this timmy? we're in the city of dreams," she whispered. "yeah, it's crazy, and i'd really wish you'd stop calling me timmy," he replied, rolling his eyes playfully. aurora pulled out her pack of cigarettes and put one in her mouth - without lighting it. 

"i still don't get why you do that," timothée said, eyeing the dangling cigarette. "timmy, it's simple really," the raven-haired girl replied - her stormy grey eyes twinkling. "ever since i read the fault in our stars, i have decided to do what, poor, young, augustus waters did," she started. "to quote him, 'i put the killing thing between my teeth, but don't give it the power to do it's killing,' hence, the cigarettes," she said. he rolled his eyes, but she only grinned. 

"but back to our previous topic, we are one step closer to our dream," aurora said. "yep, and as soon as we get that loan, we'll be all set," timothée responded, putting an arm around aurora. she smiled. 

she tried so hard to focus on the future, to run away from her past. but all the running away caused her moods to change. a lot. she set her elbow on the railing, and her head in her palm. timothée eyed his best friend. "you're thinking about him, aren't you?" he asked. she pursed her lips. timothée was the only one who knew what really happened - the deal. the threats. 

"i-, i.. don't know why, it was so long ago," she said, a tear slipping down her cheek. "hey, hey," he started. "everything will be okay," he whispered. aurora smiled. "thanks timmy," she whispered back. 

---

miles fairchild walked into his penthouse from his office at his bank. he groaned when he heard the commotion and the smell. "oh my fucking god, is noah trying to cook again?" he asked. he heard a loud bang from the kitchen, and he dropped his stuff and went over. "i swear to god, it's like i have to baby-sit you, schnapp," he told his friend, who was grinning sheepishly next to the microwave. 

he walked upstairs through the hallways, when he saw an open door. it was ayla's room. they were all living together, which miles didn't mind, mostly. "miles!" the blonde yelled. miles walked in. ayla sat on her bed, her laptop in her lap. "look at the new logo," she said proudly. miles walked over. "wait, that's great! send it over," he told her, and she nodded. she was a graphics designer at a different company, but helped miles as well. 

miles grabbed a drink, and headed out to the balcony. it was his favorite spot. he was high above the city, and there was none of noah's screaming...or noah's arguing...or noah's craziness. miles heard the door open behind him, and his best friend, and business partner - louis partridge, walked out onto the balcony. 

"what's up?" miles asked. louis shook his head. "nothing, just came to check up on you," louis replied. "i'm all good," miles replied, still looking at the city. louis pursed his lips, but clearly miles didn't want to talk, so louis went back inside. 

miles didn't want to talk, that was true. mostly, because he was thinking about the girl. the girl who took his heart and snapped it. miles never let anyone get too close to him after that. his grip on his glass tightened as he thought of all the things he'd say to her if he ever ran into her again. 

he finished his drink, then went back inside. 

---

night fell upon new york, and two young people both walked into their apartments from their balconies. both filled with emotion - one was filled with sadness, the other anger. as they both went to their rooms to sleep, both found that they couldn't.

for they were both thinking of the other. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺'

smirkity

so here's the first chapter

tea will come soon

and our boi noah is still as crazy and iconic as ever.