[𝟎𝟎𝟔] 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐋

the next morning, aurora was back to thinking of different options of getting money. she considered being a waitress, teaching guitar lessons, but she gave up. she sat on her bed, her head in her hands. she felt as if she was on a carousel. round and round. 

she then remembered one of her talents - chess. 

she logged onto her laptop, and looked up for chess near her. she did a certain type of chess - that involved bets. you place a bet on how much you believe you can win.

some may call this being overly-confident, but to aurora, it was just to prove her skill, and learn a little bit along the way. she found one that was in the lower floors of a nearby hotel. she smirked. she put on beige pants, a black turtleneck, and gold jewelry. she grabbed her wallet and phone and headed towards the hotel. 

---

louis tried to tip-toe out the door, but he heard footsteps behind him. he was filled with relief, though, when it was only miles. "where you going?" miles asked. "chess thing," louis replied. "can i tag along?" miles asked, and louis shrugged. "why not," louis said, and they both headed out. 

"this 'club' is at one of my hotels," miles said, looking up at the building. "i never thought i'd hear someone say that so nonchalantly," louis said with a smirk, and miles punched his arm. 

they walked inside, and louis led them both to a lower level. "uh, just sit over there," louis told him, pointing to the shadows. miles nodded, and took a seat. 

---

aurora walked into the grand hotel, and asked where the chess thing was meeting. she took the elevator, and found the room. she walked in, and mutters were heard all around. as far as she could see, she was the only woman. that wasn't a challenge for her. however, what did scare her was the man sitting at a table. she recognized it as the third from her run-in with miles. 

she looked around, but didn't see miles, which made her less tense. she found a table where a man sat, and when she sat down, more gasps and mutters were heard. 

"you sure you wanna go against me, little girl?" the man asked. "of course, i never back down from a challenge," aurora replied nonchalantly. she sat down in front of the man, and stared him in the eye. a man with a box came around. "bets?" he asked. aurora waited to see what the man would bet, the man eyed her, then said, "$200," aurora smirked. "$100," she smiled, if she won she would earn $200. "and, begin,"

the man played casually at first, expecting to beat aurora in a few minutes, but aurora knew what she was doing. when the man saw that she was actually pretty good, his posture stiffened and he watched the board more carefully. 

An hour had passed, and the others had already finished their rounds - including the third man who was there when she ran into miles. the others stood from afar watching their table. 

aurora eyed the man, who was smirking. he moved his queen over in front of her king. as aurora scanned the board, she smirked. the man looked up at her. "check," he said, grinning. "playtime's over kid," he said with a shrug. aurora looked up at him, smiling just as wide, which took the man by surprise. "i never play," she told him, the scanned the board once again.

he had been so focused on getting her king, he had left little defense around his own. and aurora was carefully moving her pawn. "checkmate," she whispered, then took her pawn and took out his king. he glared at the board, and aurora smirked. 

she grabbed her money, and grabbed her bags, and was about to head towards the door, when someone stepped out of the shadows. 

"let's see how good you really are, it's my turn,"

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺'

did yall notice the kick-ass reference and if you havent seen that movie, GO WATCH IT >:(

okay so i don't know if like this betting chess thing is real, i just sort of made it up cause she'd be awkward being like 'oh my god i'm so angry, i need to get money, how about i go play chess! :D' so yeah :P

im so awkward

anyways

stream no offerings by the aubreys for clear skin ;0