[𝟎𝟎𝟖] 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋

aurora woke up to the bright light shining into her room, she got dressed, and called timothée, telling him to come over. she made breakfast for herself quickly, when she heard a knock on the door. "that was early," she muttered, then opened the door. no one was there, and she checked the hallways - empty. 

she looked down and found an oddly elegant letter. her heart rate increased in speed. she knew what happened last time she got one of these elegant letters. she took a shaky breath, and grabbed the letter. 

she went to her kitchen counter, and slowly opened the letter. her breathing stopped when she read it. 

"remember our deal,"

she heard blood pounding in her ears, her vision was disfiguring. her heart thudded in her chest. her legs tingled, and her breathing was fast. they had caught up to her. they were always there - watching. her hands started shaking, and she slumped against a counter in her kitchen. 

---

timothée grabbed his key for aurora's apartment. he opened the door. "aurora?" he called out. he looked around and gasped, seeing aurora on the kitchen floor. "oh my fucking god," he muttered, then called the first person he thought of - sophia. 

---

sophia heard a ding on her phone, when she saw it was timothée, her face lit up. they had been messaging a little bit recently, and were getting close. however, her face dropped as she read his message. "oh my fucking god," she whispered, then grabbed her coat and sprinted down the stairs. miles was in the kitchen, and raised an eyebrow. "never seen you that excited to go to the office," he said with a smirk. "cause i'm not going to the office, i don't know what happened, i just got a message from timothée, and something has happened to aurora," sophia said frantically, looking for her keys. 

"what?" miles asked, his eyes wide. "i'm coming too," he said, slamming the fridge, and grabbing his own coat. miles didn't know why he was worrying so much - i mean, he didn't care about aurora anymore...right?

---

miles and sophia drove quickly, and in silence but the tension was deafening. they pulled up in front of the address that timothée had sent sophia. they rushed out of the car, and went into the building. they rushed up to the apartment, and knocked on the door. timothée answered it, and pointed to the couch, where aurora was laying. 

miles rushed over to her, but sophia stayed behind to ask timothée what had happened. miles knelt next to the girl, who looked petrified. he noticed her clenched hand, and opened her palm to reveal a slip of paper. he uncrumpled it, and read it. 

"remember our deal?" he muttered. he put the slip of paper in his coat pocket. miles looked around. "okay, so, we need to regulate her blood sugar, does she have chocolate? or something sugary?" miles asked, standing up. "uh, i think so," miles replied, checking aurora's cabinets. 

"found some," he said, then tossed it to miles. "aurora?" miles whispered. aurora slightly opened her eyes. she felt that she couldn't speak, and for some reason, she felt the idea of trying to talk telepathically, but she pushed it out of her head. she opened her mouth slightly, and whispered "m-miles?" he looked down at her. "are you okay?" he asked softly. aurora tried sitting up, and miles steadied her. "yeah, yeah, i'm fine," aurora said with a soft smile. 

miles' face froze - he had flashbacks to the day they got kidnapped. where aurora had told him she was fine. 'was she already to planning to leave at that point?' miles thought, but ignored it. 

"here, have some of this chocolate," he told her, handing the bar. she broke off a piece and ate it, instantly feeling better. "thanks," she whispered. 

timothée and sophia looked relieved, and said they would be right back, and gave each other a look. miles stared at them, and so did aurora. when they left, aurora turned to miles. "timophia?" she whispered. miles laughed, but his face turned serious. 

"aurora, we need to talk," he told her softly, and aurora raised an eyebrow. he pulled out the crumpled piece of paper, and read it out loud. "remember our deal? what does this mean?" he asked, and aurora's eyes went wide. "well, at least you know what it means," he muttered. "uh.." aurora said, thinking of an excuse. 

"nothing important," she replied quietly. "no, it's not nothing," miles said more forcefully. aurora sighed, and stayed silent. she wouldn't be able to tell him. miles sat next to her, tapping his foot. "aurora, please, i just want to make sure you're okay," he said softly, but his own eyes went wide at what he said. she glanced at him, but couldn't bring herself to say it. 

"fine," miles said, getting up. "don't tell me," he added. she looked at him, then looked down. "i hope you feel better," he said simply, then went out the door. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺'

yeah um

im gonna be working on two different books now

hope yall enjoy the next one

;)