Chapter one: Strange Letter

Hello, my name is Marissa. A fellow Inkling commander in The Inkling Millatery. I'm about to tell you about the story of the bloodiest battle in Inkopolis. It all began in my apartment when I heard a strange knock at my door. I opened the door and saw nobody there except a letter at my door.

"What is this?"

I open the envelope and find a letter inside. This is what it said:

 We Declare war with the Inkling Millatery. effective 2 weeks from the day it was delivered. we will demolish you f*** inklings.

                      -Charlie, Octoling Millita commander.

     I was laughing so hard I kept saying "Woomy" (it means booya in inkling) But still, I had to tell the military about this. I started to get ready to head to the Military base. I turned on Calamari Inktation by Squid Sisters. After I was done I heard another knock on my door. It was Danny, one of my lieutenants. 

"I got a strange letter at my door saying that the octolings declare war on us." 

Danny saw the letter in my hand. Danny's and the one I was holding look the exact same: A gradient purple with a cyan/orange color mix in the center.

"Oh, you got it too," He says with a nervous tone in his voice.

"I got it. We cant decline the war. and plus, their military had killed a massive amount of our marksmen and spies. It could be one of our ways to get revenge on them." I say in a stern voice.

The lieutenant agrees. We leave the building shortly after we had breakfast. I had runny eggs with some bacon and a biscuit. Danny had the "Ink-credible Omelet". This omelet was sausage, hashbrowns, with cheese wrapped in egg with bacon on the side. When we got to the base, there was a large group of marksmen and other commanders. Something was up.

I went to Investigate.