chapter 1: deep below.

Long ago, two races ruled over the earth: humans and monsters. One day war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magical spell. And many years later, at MT.Ebott, a human fell underground...

But you already knew that, didn't you? After all, this isn't their story. It's yours. But your fates will intertwine. So, how does this story start? Well...

Y/n woke up from the fall that he had taken from the mountain.

Y/n: "why am I...alive? This can't be right...I should be dead!"

Y/n felt disappointed. He had intended to end his life. But now that was all ruined.

Y/n: well, actually I'll probably die down here anyway. There doesn't seem to be any food or water.

Y/n however didn't feel like just sitting around so he got up and started to walk around. He soon saw a flower all by its lonesome in a ray of light.

Y/n: what's a single flower doing-

Flower: hi! I'm flowey! Flowey the flower!

Y/n:...great now I've gone crazy. Must've been the fall.

Flowey: gosh. You must be new to the underground huh?

Y/n: what do you think?

Flowey: well since you're new here, I'll show you how things work around here!

Suddenly, y/n's chest started to glow. The light was coming from where his heart was located.

Y/n: the hell?

Flowey: see that? That's your soul. Your soul is weak at first but it can grow strong with LV

Y/n: LV?

Flowey: that stands for LOVE! You want some love, don't you?

Y/n: huh...guess I'm staying weak...

Flowey: don't worry! Down here, LOVE is shared through little white friendliness pellets.

Flowey suddenly summoned some white little pellets.

Flowey: here! Collect as many as you can!

Y/n just stood there. At this point, he thought this must be some kinda weird dream and he was still conked out until he got hit by the pellets. They hit him in the arms, legs, and shoulders.

Flowey: you IDIOT. DOWN HERE IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED!

Flowey then summoned more pellets around y/n. Flowey started to laugh. He would finally get a human soul! However...the human didn't move at all. In fact, he didn't even react at all when he got hit by the pellets earlier. Why?

Flowey: H-hey! Aren't you nervous?! You're about to be killed!

Y/n just looked at flowey for a moment...and then sat down on the ground.

Y/n: go ahead.

Flowey: what?! Why?!

Y/n: well I jumped down here in hopes of being put out of my misery. But that didn't work. So I guess you can do it instead.

Flowey was taken aback by this. This human...he reminded flowey of...

Flowey then stopped his attack. And just glared at the human.

Flowey: you know what? If that's the case, leaving you alive would be a much better way of making you suffer! So I won't kill you. Not yet anyway. But don't think I won't human. Your soul is much too valuable to leave alone. Got it?!

Y/n: yeah whatever you say. At least I know I have SOME value.

Flowey:"what's his deal?! He doesn't fear death at all...which might make him a bigger threat than I thought."

Flowey: well cya later! And good luck! You'll need it.

And with that, flowey goes into the ground and out of sight.

Y/n: w-wait!

Y/n was all alone now. He was surrounded by darkness. It filled him with DEPRESSION. But he could not do anything about it because he did not know where to go. He thought how pathetic it was. He was 16 but he felt like a little boy again. He was never scared of the dark. He was scared of what might be lurking in it. At least when flowey was here, he had someone to talk to. And now he was bloodied up and injured and no one could help...but then...

???: Hello? Is someone there?

Y/n's head perked up as he heard the voice. It seemed like someone had come to help him. And out from the darkness stepped a woman. Or was it a goat? It seemed like a mix of both to be honest. Either way, he was saved.

???: oh! Are you alright young man? You seem to be quite injured!

Y/n: well...if this bleeding keeps going I'll probably die so...I'm a bit more than injured...

???: do not worry! Here! I'll use some healing magic on you.

Suddenly y/n's wounds were gone.

???: sorry. I did not introduce myself. I am toriel. Caretaker of the ruins.

Y/n: oh. I'm y/n. It's nice to meet you as well.

Toriel...the way she seemed to genuinely care for y/n...and the sweetness in her voice...it reminded him of a person from his past...someone long dead...

Toriel: I honestly did not expect another human to fall down here so soon...this is quite unexpected...

Y/n: another?

Toriel: why yes. A human fell down here yesterday...sadly they have left my care...and went to explore the rest of the underground. I do hope they are ok. But enough of that! I shall take you to my house.

And so the both of them took a walk in the ruins. Y/n got to see many other monsters on the way. At this point, it looks like any likelihood of this being a dream has flown out the window. Soon they both made it to toriel's lovely home. Seeing such an amazing building in the ruins...it still filled y/n with DEPRESSION.

(Ok! That's all for now! Tell me what you think! This will be a little different from my other stories! I got into undertale this summer and even completed the game's neutral and true pacifist routes. And yes, depression is y/n soul trait. You'll know more about that later. Until next time then! And stay determined!)