chapter 4: ghost friend.

He didn't know how but sans had got y/n in front of the entrance of the waterfall area.

Y/n: sans...how did-?

Sans: I told you. We took a short cut.

Y/n: "at this point, it's best not to question how monsters do things. It'll leave me with more questions than answers."

Sans: welp, the entrance is just up ahead so you should probably hurry.

Y/n: right. Thanks for the help sans.

Sans: no prob...also when's the last time you got any sleep?

Y/n: huh? What do you mean by that?

Sans: well it's just that those black circles on your eyes seem to just yell "I NEED SLEEP!"

Y/n took the time to remember the last time he had a good night's sleep. It had been a while since that happened.  And thanks to a certain child in his dreams, he wasn't able to sleep a good long sleep last night either. 

Y/n: you're right about me needing sleep, but now isn't the time. But after this is all over I plan on having a big sleep.  A sleep so big...I might never wake up...

Sans: what's that supposed to mean?

Y/n: uh, nothing. Just saying you know?

Sans however looked genuinely concerned.

Sans: hey are you alright kid? Cause now that I get a good look at you, you also seem to have some bruises on you as well. Did something happen? Was it a monster?

Y/n:...only the monsters I share a home with. I'm sorry sans but I need to go. See ya.

And with that y/n walked over to the waterfall area. Sans still wanted to know more but he thought it was better to leave him alone.

Sans:...so after all this time...something finally changed.

Y/n crossed through the area with almost no trouble at all it seems like most of the monsters there had already been dealt with. There were alive and happy. It seems that the child must have made their day while passing through here.  Suddenly  y/n found himself in front of a house. It was oddly shaped and kinda small. He knocked on the door to see if anyone was inside. Suddenly he heard a voice from the other side.

???: oh...I wasn't expecting anyone...uh...come on in...I guess...?

Y/n entered the house and was greeted by what appeared to be a ghost.

???: oh...hello there...wasn't expecting another human...how are you?

Y/n: I'm fine...I guess...so it's just you in here?

???: yeah...my name's napstablook...but my friends call me blooky...you can too I guess...or not.

Y/n: nice to meet you blooky...I guess...I'm y/n.

Napstablook: oh...nice to meet you as well...I suppose...wanna look around?

Y/n: sure...seems fun...

Napstablook showed y/n around his house although there wasn't much to see.

Napstablook: hey...wanna lie down...with me?

Y/n: what do you mean?

Napstablook: well...sometimes I like to lay down on my floor and feel like trash...while I listen to music...

Y/n:...sure...that seems nice...

And so both proceeded to lay down on the ground. Both of them lay down...and found their inner peace.

Napstablook: hey...y/n?

Y/n: yes...blooky?

Napstablook: I think...we're kinda similar...don't you?

Y/n: yeah...like brothers...

After a while, y/n finally decided it was time to press on.

Napstablook: thanks...for laying down...that was pretty fun...

Y/n: same...well I'll see you later...bye.

Napstablook: bye...see you later as well...I guess...

Soon y/n was back on track and headed towards the exit of the area. He soon found himself in front of what looked like a giant cave. Before he could go through however...

???: I'D STOP RIGHT THERE IF I  WERE YOU!!!

Y/n looked up above and saw a person in armor.

???: THIS MUST BE MY LUCKY DAY!!!  NEVER THOUGHT A SECOND HUMAN  WOULD COME DOWN HERE!!! NOW PREPARE YOURSELF!!! NGAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!

???: THIS MUST BE MY LUCKY DAY!!! NEVER THOUGHT A SECOND HUMAN WOULD COME DOWN HERE!!! NOW PREPARE YOURSELF!!! NGAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!

Y/n found himself filled with DEPRESSION once again.

(And that concludes this chapter. Trying to get y/n to build up a connection with some of the characters. What'd you think? Comments are always welcome. I'll be seeing you guys later and remember to STAY DETERMINED!!)