chapter -2: the descent

Chara stepped into the snow-covered ground, happy with the progress they'd made so far. they walked down the path set in front of them and soon came to a stop when they heard footsteps from behind them. they smirked.

chara: "right on cue..."

sans: human...don't you know how to greet a new pal? turn around and-

Chara turned around and shook the hand of the skeletal comedian. as expected, the sound of an artificial fart followed after.

sans: the old whoopie cushion in the hand trick! it's always funny! though, you shook my hand before I told you to. have you heard of this trick before?

chara:...

sans: uh, this is the part where you say something or show some emotion...not gonna emote at all?

the face that once belonged to y/n, remained emotionless. almost like a doll.

Sans: okay then, everyone's got their own sense of humor. I'm sans. Sans the skeleton. I'm actually supposed to be on the watch for humans right now. But...y'know...I don't really feel like it. Now my brother, papyrus, he's a human hunting fanatic. Hey, I have an idea. Go through this gate thingy.

Chara and sans went through the gate as quickly.

Sans: ok, now hide behind that post of mine over there.

Chara didn't budge. They merely glanced at the post with a stoic face.

Sans:...okay, I guess you don't have to.

Chara smiled. It caused them such joy to meddle with the bonehead. Suddenly, papyrus arrived at the scene.

Papyrus: SANS!!! DID YOU FIND A HUMAN YET?!?!?

Sans: uh, yes.

Papyrus: oh! Really? Wowie! Guess that settles that then!

Papyrus went back the way he came, seemly oblivious of Chara's presence.

sans: that worked out huh?

Chara started to walk away toward the snow-covered forest.

sans: well, I'll be straight-forward with you. my brother'd really like to see a human. so y'know it'd really help out...if you kept pretending to be one.

sans walked away. Chara smiled once sans was out of vision. it seemed like everything was going great. Chara went down the path and started the genocide. they killed off many monsters that came their way and decided to avoid papyrus as to not get side-tracked. they took absolute delight in what they did.

Chara: "that bone head won't stand a chance against me once I've collected enough LOVE. it'll be nice to finally see that smug face of his twist in terror."

Chara had tried to kill every monster underground before when they were using frisk. however, they could never best sans. not only was he powerful, but he was also cunning which made him a deadly opponent. but now, Chara was confident that she could succeed. y/n was faster and more durable than frisk was due to having a more mature body. it made him far superior to frisk.

soon enough, Chara made it to Snowdin. it was empty and abandoned thanks to them. Chara went to the shops and looted them for any supplies and money they could get. they then found that the town was not completely abandoned. the monster kid was still there.

Monster kid: hey do you know where everyone went?

Chara looked at the child and smirked.

Chara: "he'll be useful...let's spare him for now."

Chara went up ahead to the edge of Snowdin and that's when they saw him. papyrus. he was waiting there, looking a little agaited. he doesn't seem to fully comprehend the danger he's in.

papyrus: HALT, HUMAN!

Chara took a step forward.

papyrus: HEY! QUIT MOVING WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE SOME THINGS TO SAY! FIRST: YOU'RE A FREAKING WEIRDO! YOU HAVEN'T TRIED ANY OF MY PUZZLES AND YOU'VE BEEN SHAMBLING FROM PLACE TO PLACE!

Chara: what can I say? I like to shamble.

papyrus: ALSO, YOUR HANDS ARE COVERED IN DUST! IT...IT FEELS LIKE YOUR LIFE IS ON A DANGEROUS PATH.

Chara scowled.

Chara: "Dangerous? does he really think that I'm ever in any REAL danger?! then again, it's not like his pea brain could ever understand."

papyrus: HOWEVER! I, PAPYRUS, SEE GREAT POTENTIAL IN YOU! ANYBODY CAN BE A GREAT PERSON IF THEY TRY! AND I HARDLY HAVE TO TRY AT ALL! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!

chara: "anybody!? God, you irritate me...I'll show you just how irredeemable a person can be."

Chara stepped forward when she suddenly heard a voice in her mind.

Y/n: "STOP! STOP THIS! HE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG! HE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!"

Chara:"shut up! this isn't your body anymore! it's mine! I'll do whatever the hell I want!"

papyrus: HEY! QUIT MOVING! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! HUMAN, I THINK YOU ARE IN NEED OF GUIDANCE! YOU NEED SOMEONE TO KEEP YOU ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW! I, PAPYRUS, SHALL BE YOUR TUTOR AND FRIEND!

chara:"I don't need friends. all they do is backstab me..."

Chara walked up to the skeleton more.

papyrus: I SEE THAT YOU ARE APPROACHING! ARE YOU OFFERING A HUG OF ACCEPTANCE? WOWIE! MY LESSONS ARE ALREADY WORKING! I, PAPYRUS, WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN ARMS!

once Chara got close enough, they sliced his neck which caused papyrus's head to fall to the ground.

Papyrus: Well...that was unexpected...but I still see good In you! even if you yourself don't see it! you just have to work a little bit harder! I believe in you! I...I promise!

Chara put her foot down on the skull and crushed it. Chara giggled until they suddenly got a headache. Chara went into their inner mind to see what the ruckus was about. They came in to see y/n seething with anger and tears of sadness.

Chara: what the hell are you so worked up about?! you barely knew him!

y/n: HE WAS SANS' BROTHER!!! THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME TO CARE!!! YOU FUCKING DEMON!!

Chara: shut it! it's your fault for falling down here anyway. now you're stuck in the loop with the rest of us.

y/n: loop? what loop?!

Chara: oh you'll know...just not yet.

-meanwhile-

"..."

"...GOD DAMNIT KRIS! WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE?!"

GOD DAMNIT KRIS! WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE?!"

(hope you guys enjoy the new hell...I'll see you all on the next chapter...=)