Chapter 6: darker...yet darker...

Y/n awaken in a void of darkness, just like the one he had meet chara in. Naturally, his first thought was that chara was going to talk to him again.

Y/n: chara? Are you there? If so, then what is it this time?

No one answered. Instead, a black mold started to form. It shaped itself into a creature with two arms and hands with holes in each of them. Then, it made itself a face, a white almost mask-like face with a slit going down its left eye and another one below the right eye. It made itself an uncanny, almost eerie, smile and started to speak.

 It made itself an uncanny, almost eerie, smile and started to speak

???: greetings...anomaly...I've been hoping to speak to you for a while now.

Y/n:...you're not chara, are you?

???: indeed I am not. My name is W.D Gaster...but just "gaster" is fine.

Y/n: okay well...what do you want?

Gaster: it is not what I want...it is what YOU want.

Y/n: huh?

Gaster: tell me, do you plan on saving monsterkind? Destroy it? Abandon it?

Y/n: I-I don't know...I just don't wanna go home...

Gaster: interesting...very interesting...

Y/n: wait, you called me anomaly a few seconds ago. What do you mean by that? How am I an anomaly?

Gaster: oh child...you are blind to so much...your life may have been hellish before...but that's nothing to what will happen to you down here.

Y/n: what? Do you mean how a giant fish with a spear is probably hunting me? That doesn't seem THAT bad.

Gaster: no anomaly...the only monsters you need to fear...are the ones in human flesh.

Y/n: What?!

Gaster: I wish I could speak to you more but it seems my old lab assistant will wake you up soon. Until next time then...

Y/n: wai-

Suddenly there was a blight flash of light. Y/n woke up from his slumber to find himself sprawled out on a table.

???: you're f-finally awake! I-I was worried th-that your injury h-had killed you.

Y/n looked towards the voice that spoke and saw some kind of yellow lizard in a lab coat with glasses.

Y/n: who...what are you?

???: oh! My name is alphys! I'm the royal scientist!

Y/n:...so you're the one he was talking about...

Alphys: huh?

Y/n: nothing. Um so where am I?

Alphys: this is my lab! And you're on one of my testing desks. You collapsed outside and I quickly took you inside.

Y/n: oh...thanks...

Alphys: I don't think there has ever been two humans here in the underground at the same time. This is quite the special case.

Y/n: oh, right! Did you by chance happen to have seen that other human?

Alphys: y-yes I did! they passed by here a few hours ago. I think their going to meet the king soon...

Y/n: damn...I better get going then. Thanks for helping me!

Alphys: w-wait! You don't know your way around hot land right?

Y/n: um...now that I think about it...yeah. I seem to just be going forward.

Alphys: well that's no good! Here! A special cellphone to keep in contact with. It has my number on it and I already have yours! Also you're now on every social media platform in the undernet!

Y/n: oh...thanks...

Y/n:"I'm not a very social person, so don't know how that'll be useful to me..."

Alphys: you should be all set to go now!

Y/n: right, thanks for all of this!

Alphys: no problem! I'll keep in touch!

As y/n walked out of the lab, his thoughts went back to Gaster. Who was he exactly? And why did he come in and not chara? Actually, where were they? Well, none of that mattered at the moment. As y/n looked out at the rest of Hotland and  it's heated environment...he still was filled with DEPRESSION.

(And that's all for now! Tell me what you think so far! And tell me what you think of Gaster being included! Anyhow, see you guys later and remember to STAY DETERMINED!)