Chapter Two

Ian's POV

Flashback

I wake up to the noise of my alarm clock going off. In despair of just getting a few more minutes of sleep, I try to reach for it with my eyes closed. After 2 minutes of desperately trying to shut the noise, I finally open my eyes and check the time. With only spending 5 minutes on my phone, I hear Bodhi crying. It's too early for this I think, and close my eyes again hoping that she would just stop. The crying get's substantially louder, so I groggily decide to see what's wrong.

As I enter her room, I find Bodhi on the floor crying. I see that she injured her elbow and she must have sprained her ankle. I quickly run to her and start to comfort her. I stroke her hair and tell her that it's ok. When she calms down, I find myself feeling relieved as well.

"What's wrong baby? How did you fall?" I ask her with concern and in a tone that you would talk to children.

"I... was... having... a... bad dream and then I fell" She replies shakily from the crying.

"Aww... it's ok! It was just a dream ok, nothing more. Don't cry Bodhi it's fine, it was all fake." I say with my best comforting voice out.

"Ok! Now let's go take care of these booboos." I tell her with a smile on my face.

I watch for a reaction, but there was nothing. So I pick her up and take her downstairs where we keep all the ointment and bandages. I find a yellow bandage, her favorite color and I put it where she scraped her elbow. Next, I take care of the sprain, by applying some ointment and then wrapping it with a cloth.

"There all done! " I say, "Now you are all better. Let's get you back to bed now. You must be tired"

She smiles "Yes I am very tired dad! Can you carry me back to bed again, it was very fun."

I laugh as I pick her up and tuck her in bed once again. 

"Good night baby! Sleep well." I whisper in her ear and kiss her forehead

I have just realized that Nikki wasn't in bed with me. I call and text her but she doesn't pickup. Confused, I just decide to wait a few hours before calling her again.

---------------------------------------------------

Few hours later

I hear Nikki opening the door! I find myself so relieved that she ok, I quickly go and take all the bags that were in her hand.

"Hi!" Nikki says to me smiling before I even get a chance to talk.

"Hey baby! I was so worried about you. You didn't tell me that you were leaving, didn't you hear how many times I called you? I was this close to calling the police." I reply 

"Oh... I am so sorry Ian. I was just so caught up with Bayou that I didn't even get a chance to look at my phone. I am genuinely sorry, I had to leave pretty early in the morning and I didn't want to wake you so I just left." She responds quite sincerely.

 "I don't know what to say! I wish you would have at least texted me to let me know you were safe. Or you could have even left a note before you left." I say totally annoyed at the behavior

"I am sorry! It just totally slipped my mind. It won't happen again, I promise"

I smile slightly and then I walk into the kitchen. I was making breakfast for Bodhi, before Nikki came. I see her looking over at what I am making for her.

"Wait what you are giving her pancakes?" She says slightly pissed, but I wouldn't blame her Bodhi does get quite a sugar rush.

"Yea! I thought she deserved a treat after she fell earlier today." I respond making sure to tell her about the incident.

"What fall? Did she have another nightmare again?" 

"Yea" I respond, "Another nightmare? What do you mean? Has this happened before?"

She nods and goes to where Bodhi was playing. 

"What nightmare did you have last night Bodhi?" Nikki asks her

"It was the same nightmare that I had last night, and the night before that" Bodhi talks after a long pause.

"I think we should take her to the doctor" Nikki tells me "This has happened more than five times in a row. This cannot be healthy for her."

I immediately agree.

(((A/N)Hi guyss! So there are going to be two parts to Ian's POV cause I couldn't fit his entire back story in one part. I have already written the next part, so I will probably read it over and publish it tomorrow!