Epilogue

Ian's POV

Marriage - a reunion with two people that truly love each other. 

My first marriage with Nikki was special indeed, but she was never the love of my life. I think I secretly knew that. I was in such a great rush to get married I decided to convince myself she was my one true love. I hear that Nikki and Shaun are doing well, the wounds are not as fresh anymore. Nikki and I have formed a great co-parenting relationship, and Bodhi is now adjusting better. My heart aches for Bodhi, I know divorce is hard on a child but since she is only four she barely understands. Neens and I decided that we should get married with 10 people at our wedding. My parents, her parents, her best friend Juliane, and my best friend/brother Paul. Then there is obviously the photographer and the priest. See 10 people. We didn't want to invite many people and we also didn't want to spend a lot of money on this. This marriage is the only formality since I felt married to her the day we first restarted our relationship. 

I am wearing a navy blue tux and navy blue dress pants. I have never felt so nervous in my life, and I can't wait for her to walk down the aisle. I can't wait to see her in a wedding dress; unknowingly I always imagined this. Nina was so stressed planning this wedding, this is her first wedding and it hurts that I can't have this first with her or any first that I wished to have with her. I know I shouldn't dwell on this so greatly, and Nina has convinced me that she is more than happy being my second wife. The reality is although for the world she is my second wife, she is my first love. They say you can never forget your first love and it's true. 

The wedding ceremony is started and I am waiting at the altar with the priest and my best man Paul. This happens in slow motion and the door opens as Nina walks down with the prettiest white dress. It is backless and it drags down behind her; he hair is curled perfectly and she looks so stunning walking with her father. I feel my eyes tearing up because this moment is exactly the way I imagined. She has the ring I proposed to her on her finger, and this is all so perfect.

She reaches where I am standing. The ceremony starts. 

The priest asks "Do you take Nina Dobrev as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love"

I look at her and without wasting a minute I respond "I do". This is the most confident I have felt with anything in my life. 

The priest then asks Nina "Do you take Ian Somerhalder as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love"

She has tears in her eyes as she says "I do"

"You may now kiss the bride" I look at her and everything else falls silent. What starts gentle becomes more greedy as time moves on. She has to stop to remind me of where we are. I guess that truly is the power of Nina Dobrev. 

1 week Later

Nina's POV

Ian and I have been married for a week now. 1 week in heaven. We weren't able to keep our hands of each other. We decided to honeymoon in Greenland because that has always been our dream to visit. However, we haven't really even explored because we have been so glued to each other. 

"Ian..." He is licking my ear right now and it tickles "We should go out to explore, we haven't done any of that yet" 

"I could explore you instead" He smirks

"Is that all you think about... sex? We are done having sex for the day, I am officially putting you on a ban until we come back from exploring"

"1 week in the marriage and I already put under a sex ban" He sighs, he actually looks very sad and adorable.