Chapter Three

After the doctor's visit

"Nikki are you going to talk to me. We need to talk about what the doctor said about Bodhi and what our next steps need to be."

"Ian- the doctor said that there must be problems at home which is causing her to act this way. Don't you understand, WE are causing this to her. WE are stressing her out and causing these bad dreams." Nikki replies with tears in her eyes.

"What Nik- no. Obviously the doctor doesn't know anything about us. We are happy together, so there are NO family problems. Don't blame us for this, it is not our fault." I reply desperately trying to calm her down.

"No Ian, don't you see. We aren't the same couple that we were years ago and that's ok. Things have changed between us. I just wish that we were able to figure it out ourselves, before it started affecting out child."

I was starting to feel very confused. I am not sure if what she was saying was true or not. But I still loved her, and I couldn't just end this.

"NO! Nik, I still love you. Nothing's changed. We are happy, I am happy. Are you?" I ask with my voice slightly elevated.

"Ian- I think our happiness isn't what's important. It's the happiness of our child, I think we should take a break."

I am shocked, how could she say this. I get that Bodhi means a lot to her, but she means a lot to me as well. Maybe she is right, we need to take a break. I don't even know who she is right now.

"Ok... " I reply un sure of what else to say

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next three months me and Nikki practice co- parenting. We noticed that Bodhi doesn't have nightmares anymore, and she seems a lot more happier. Which just adds to the reason why Nikki and I need to be separated. I still love her and I don't think the feelings between us have changed, but we just can't be together right now. I have no idea for how long.

I get a text from Paul, I have been ignoring him for a while now. So as I scroll down the hundreds of missed calls and chats, and I see one that stands out. Nina's address. I have no idea why he sent me that, it must have been a accident but I decide to go meet her. I haven't seen her in a long time and because Nikki was insecure I never really got to talk to her after she left the show.

I find myself sitting in the car and driving to the address that Paul had sent me. When I arrived, I noticed a beautiful elegant home, that screams NINA to me. This is the kind of home you would expect Nina Dobrev to live in. I am not sure if I should go, I don't even know if she is at home. I can't even call her because I deleted her contact of my phone years ago. So I decide to take the risk.

I knock on the door, and after what seems forever, someone I don't know opens the door.

"Hi! Uhh, does Nina Dobrev live here?" I ask the unfamiliar face

He eyes me up and down, then looks at me with a hint of jealousy and finally responds.

"Yes she does actually! And I am her boyfriend, Shaun." He says as nicely as he possibly can

"Oh. We haven't met, I am Ian Somerhalder." I say with a smile on my face as I reach my hand to shake his.

After us shaking hands, he invites me in. Then I hear a familiar voice that I know too well ask "Who is it?"

(((A/N)YAY SO THEY MEET!! What will happen next? How will their encounter be? How will Nina react? All answered in the next part. Also, let me know if you like it so far.