7. ℓα ѕιgησяα & тнє ∂ινιηιту нσℓ∂єяѕ

❝ ❀ :: welcome! ↶

┆ ┆ ┆ ┆⋆

┆ ┆ ┆જ ✾

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

┆彡

⋆ ☄.

3rd person POV

The next day, the group went to the cathedral to return the Holy Lyre. Waiting for Aether, they chatted among themselves for a bit. When the male and his traveling companion finally arrived, Jean introduced them. 

"This is Barbara, the Deaconess of the Church. She is here to retrieve the Holy Lyre der Himmel." 

"May the Anemo Archon protect you," the idol greeted.

And here we go again with episode 8 on Champions zoning out. 

'We are meeting Signora soon.' 

'I can't wait to beat that bitch up.' 

'Fuck, do we let her take Venti's gnosis? Or do we make a copy?' 

'I'm kinda hungry, do they have ramen here?' 

'Debating if I should piss Demonic off right now.'

"So did you bring the Holy Lyre with you? We cannot ask you to keep defending the lyre forever. The Seneschal has been pressing me for a while," Barbara said. 

'The Electro Cicin Mage literally just stole it.. Aether has a better chance of defending it,' the Champions deadpanned.

"We ahh... did bring it with us... Ummm... It's just... it's a little..." Paimon tried to explain. 

"Oh, don't worry! I'm not here to collect rent! The church has always received special funding," the hydro user smiled. 

"Barbara's gonna be after our ass once she finds out it's broken," Sato muttered. 

"Agreed," her two friends said.

The outlander hesitantly gave the deaconess the broken Holy Lyre. Barbara gasped in shock while Paimon pressed her index fingers together. Venti rubbed the back of his neck and let out a little groan. Demonic shuffled backward, Aki facepalmed and dragged their hand down their face, and Sato hid behind the two and covered her ears.

"AAAAAAARGH!!! THE HOLY LYRE!!!" the blonde screamed. 

The idol then went into a praying position while muttering the next few sentences, "Oh, Lord Barbatos... Even if I atoned for these sins for the rest of my life... it still wouldn't be enough!"

"LoRd BaRbAtOs, sounds like someone is a devotee," the small group of friends snickered. 

"Shut it!" Venti hissed.

Barbatos sighed and motioned for Aether to hand him the broken instrument. The blonde complied and they all watched as restored the Holy Lyre der Himmel. The modern trio tried holding their laughs in and leaned on each other for support. They then watched as Barbara stormed off with the lyre held tightly to her chest.

Once the nun was out of view, the bard turned to the others. 

"...We ahh... really should get going... The trick I used to "repair" the Holy Lyre... Hehe, I mean the magic I used... It's not gonna hold forever, you know," he casually whispered, running in the direction of the cathedral's entrance. 

"You- Tone Deaf Bard!" Paimon exclaimed, floating after him with Aether following behind.

 The Champions turned to Jean and waved to her before chasing after them.