Chapter 2

"What did you just say", Dream repeats.

"I don't know, I'm sorry, it was dumb", I mumble. 

"Y/n", Dream interrupts, "just tell me what you said". 

"You, this world, it's all part of a fictional storyline you developed in real life", I respond, "it's all part of the DreamSMP plot". 

There is a long silence. 

"So, how does it end", Dream asks dejectedly. 

I look at him confused, "what?" 

"This world, the story, how does it all end", he repeats. 

"I-I don't know", I confess, "there seemed to be no end in sight". 

"Can you tell me what you remember happening last?" 

"Sure... Wilbur blew up L'manberg, Technoblade is now wanted for the wither attacks, Tubbo is now the President, Ranboo just joined the world and he and Tommy burnt down George's house."

I pause to look at Dream. "What else", he asks. 

"You-you found out and demanded that Tommy be exiled from L'manberg", I add with a small voice. 

Dream picks off from where I stopped. "I was leaving to come here when I heard you call for help from spawn". 

We both sit in stunned silence. 

"What else do you know", Dream asks. 

"Nothing", I respond, "the script was an exclusive secret". 

"Don't- don't call it a script", Dream interrupts, "it's my life and I'm doing what I want! No one is planning out my actions". 

"But, I'm not part of the... thing, I'm not supposed to be here! Why am I here?", I ask. 

"I don't know", Dream snaps. He pauses. "But, if you are here, maybe that means there is no longer a set script. Maybe now I can take control of my destiny". 

With that, Dream looks up at me. "You can help rewrite my future".

-----

Dream spent the next few days helping me adjust to living in Minecraft. He taught me how to store and summon items in my inventory, collect materials, and craft. 

One day, Dream tells me he has to go back to L'manburg and to stay home and wait for him to come back. When I ask him why, he says that he needs to figure what to do about Tommy burning down George's house. I ask to come, but he says not yet, that he needs to figure out how to introduce me to everyone. It made sense, so I wish him luck and watch as he sprints away. 

I spend the day in my room practicing crafting and decorating. It was around sunset when I heard the front door open. I'm halfway down the stairs, about to greet Dream, when I hear an unfamiliar voice speak. 

"Hello?", the voice calls out. 

I go to the bottom of the stairs to see someone standing with their back to me. 

"Uh, hello", I say nervously. 

Startled, the person flinches and turns around to face me. 

"Hullo, wait, who are you", he asks. 

I stand there, taking in the person before me. It was a tall man who was wearing a crown and royal cape, but that wasn't even the strange part. The strange part was the pig mask he wore on his face. 

"I'm y/n", I respond, still taking in his foreign appearance. 

"Well hello y/n, you probably know this, but my name is Technoblade", he responds.

I pause, "Can I help you, Technoblade?"

"I was just exploring the area when I noticed a nice little cabin, and I was wondering who else could possibly be hiding out here"

"Well tadaa, it's me", I say with a smile and small gesture at the house around us.

"I see", Technoblade responds. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you have so much loot, how long have you been here, and what do you plan on doing with it all?"

Unsure of whether or not I should try and explain the weird situation I was in, I avoid the questions. "Why are you going through my stuff?"

"Who isn't going to want to immediately check the stuff in the chests of a mystery house", Techno points out.

"Fair enough", I admit.

"Now", Techno starts again, "are you going to tell me what you're doing out here?"

"Well I spent all of today decorating my room"

"But why", he interrupts, "why are you hiding out here from everyone? I've never heard of you, y/n, and I want to know why"

We both stand, staring at each other.

"I think it's time for you to go now Technoblade", I respond bluntly.

"I don't think it is", Technoblade says, a sword materializing in his hand.

I glance down at it, but then resume maintaining eye contact with him.

He continues, "you can either tell me what I'd like to know and we can move on from there.... or you can continue living in secrecy".

"But?", I ask.

"But", he continues taking a step closer, "I will require a few items for my confidentiality".

"How about", I say while staring him down, "you leave now, without any of my items, and I won't kill you".

Technoblade smirks. He lifts his sword until the tip of the blade is pressing up against my chin, slightly raising it.

"Technoblade never dies", he whispers while his smile grows.

I'm paralyzed by fear, out of ideas on what to say or do, when the front door opens.

"Y/n", a familiar voice calls.

I watch as the smile falls from Techno's face.

"Dream", I croak back.