Chapter 12

"Why would you guys want to go to L'manberg, that's where they're looking for you guys", Connor asks, confused.

"Yes, but that's also where my weapons are", Techno responds. 

Tommy comes back from his chests room with a fishing rod. 

"What's the fishing rod for", I ask Tommy. 

"To make sure he doesn't run away of course!" Tommy walks up to Connor and wraps his wrists in the fishing line. "If he gives us trouble we can give him a good yanking", Tommy says with a malicious smile. 

We drag Connor out of the house, him spouting off pleads and complaints, but I'm too busy taking in the land surrounding me to notice. I marvel at all of the buildings and structures, reality finally setting in about where I was. I want to run up to every building and talk to Tommy about everything that had happened, but then I remember- I'm not suppose to know about any of this place... this is my 'first' time here. Then, I see in the distance. 

"Woah- is that?" 

"Yeah, that's New L'manberg", Tommy says with a wistful smile. 

It was beautiful, yet much different from what it looked like before it was blown up by Wilbur. Now, the country was elevated above a crater. Elegant staircases and bridges covered the hole which led to lavish wooden buildings. Above the city were many floating lanterns colored blue, red, and white. 

We continued down the Prime Path until we were next to Tubbo's bee dome. Outside the structure was a person who turned around as they heard us approach. 

"Ranboo?", Tommy calls out. 

"Tommy, you're alive?", Ranboo responds, shocked. 

"What- of course I am!", Tommy says, gesturing at his very much alive form. 

"What are you doing here then Tommy, why are you with Technoblade, who is she?", Ranboo asks shifting his focus between the three of us uneasily.

"I'll stop you there", Technoblade says. "Ranboo, who has my weapons?" 

"Um... I don't know?" 

Technoblade raises an eyebrow. "Well, I know you had them, who did you give them to?" 

Ranboo stammers, "uh- I forgot". 

Technoblade whips out his axe. 

"Oh- wait, I remember", Ranboo says, nervously. "...Tubbo, I gave them to Tubbo!" 

"Tubbo?", Tommy asks, his eyes widening. 

"Yeah-yeah let me go get him", Ranboo says, hurrying off. We stand there and wait for Ranboo to return. 

"Tommy?", a voice quietly calls from behind us. 

Tommy stiffens and turns around. "Tubbo", he responds coldly. 

"What are you doing?", Tubbo asks, his face painted with concern and confusion. 

"I'm here for the items you stole from Technoblade". 

"Tommy, you know I can't just give you his stuff. Why would you even want him to get the items back, I thought he was a traitor to you. He attacked L'manberg!" 

"Yeah well the same people who declared him a traitor exiled me, so I can kinda see why he's upset", Tommy snaps. 

Hurt flashes in Tubbo's eyes. "You didn't give me a choice, Tommy", he says in a small voice. 

"THERE'S ALWAYS A CHOICE TUBBO!", Tommy roars. 

Tubbo's face hardens. "Fine, there was a choice Tommy, and I was the only one willing to make the hard decision. The hardest choices require the strongest will. The only reason your upset is because that decision I made wasn't for you", Tubbo spits. 

What am I witnessing? This was all wrong- they were supposed to be best friends... how has it come to this? 

Technoblade steps in. "Listen, we want to spend as little time as possible here to avoid too much trouble, so if you could hurry with the weapons..." 

Tubbo shifts his menacing stare on Technoblade. "I don't know why you think we're giving you your weapons, but you're wrong!"

Technoblade sighs, "We are holding Connor hostage and will release him in exchange for my weapons". 

Tubbo scrunches his face as he thinks. "I'm sorry Technoblade, but I don't think I'm going to make that deal." 

"What?", Technoblade asks dubiously. 

"WHAT?!", Connor echoes. 

"I don't believe that Connor is an official citizen of L'manberg... and to be completely fair I don't really know him well", Tubbo explains. 

Technoblade glances at me. I shrug, unprepared for Tubbo's response. 

"Oh yeah, who heck is she?", Tubbo asks, staring at me intensely. 

Of all the ways I thought I would meet Tubbo, this was not it. I imagined him bounding up to meet me, offering to show me his bees, maybe give me a tour of the world- not him eyeing me with suspicion and yelling at Tommy. 

"I am y/n", I say, locking eyes with him. 

"And what's your deal?", he asks impatiently. 

I'm taken aback by his forwardness. "I wanted to look around the world and meet some nice new people- clearly I had too high of expectations", I snap. 

Tubbo looks like he's about to apologize when he is cut off by Technoblade. "You heard her, if we aren't doing business, we are off!" Technoblade turns to face Connor. "As for you", he begins, taking out his axe.

"What are you doing?", Connor asks nervously, shuffling backwards. 

Tommy yanks the fishing rod, pulling Connor closer to Technoblade who was slowly walking while raising his axe. 

"We will no longer be needing your services here, Connor", Technoblade says, winding up to swing his axe.

"WAIT!", a voice calls out. Ranboo runs up and hands Technoblade several items. "Please, don't kill him. When I was new, it took a while for people to accept me, but that doesn't mean my life was worth any bit less then than it does now". He casts a disappointed look at Tubbo. "All lives are worth saving". 

Tubbo looks down guiltily. 

"Wait, I got my axe and trident back, pog!", Technoblade gasps happily. 

"WHAT, you gave him both of the items?", Tubbo explodes. "Do you know what we went through to get them, Ranboo?" 

Ranboo, stiffens. "Woah-hey I'm sorry I didn't realize you were only going to give him one for Connor," he says, rapidly apologizing.

With the attention off of me, Tommy, and Techno- we all huddle together. "Alright", Technoblade whispers to us, "I'm going to throw a splash potion on the floor. We will have one minute to run to Tommy's house". Tommy and I nod in comprehension. 

"One-two-three!" Technoblade throws the splash potion on the floor, spraying the potion everywhere. Instantly the three of us vanish.

Tubbo and Ranboo look up from their argument. "Oh, they're gone", Ranboo says. 

I hesitate to run away, intrigued by Tubbo's demeanor. "Yeah they're gone", he says, his face falling. "...I didn't say goodbye again", he whispers to himself. That was the last thing I heard before I sprint back to Tommy's house. 

*A/N* I literally made a thank you chapter yesterday guys... BUT

THANK YOU SO MUCH ILY YOU ALL!!! <333
We are over 600 reads now, almost 100 votes, and this story is now rank 9 in the #xreader category out of 162k stories. I cannot believe the rate at which this story just took off! 

Just an update: I will be trying to post at least one chapter a day for the next few days! If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions- leave them here! (I love hearing any/all input :) )

 Again , thank you all so much for enjoying the book... I'll see you all soon <33