Chapter 26

*~-~-~-~-~POV Tommy~-~-~-~-~*

I sigh as I close the door behind me. Just finished another meeting about what to do with Dream. Despite Dream's outburst at me and y/n, everyone believes that he is still being misunderstood. The members of the SMP have decided that I inadequately conveyed the Wilbur situation and that I need to try again. When I asked if somebody else wanted to give it a shot, everyone agreed that Dream would most likely listen to me if not y/n. 

I roll my eyes as I trudge back to the prison and press the button to summon Sam. I go through the same lengthy security measures and try my best to convince Sam of my epicness and why it would be pog to give me a security badge, but he for some idiotic reason chose to ignore me instead. Sam almost seems happy to send me over to Dream by the time the lava finished sinking. 

I step on the moving bridge and cross over to Dream's cell. Unlike last time, Dream is mumbling to himself in the corner of the cell. 

"Hello, Dream", I call out. Dream's head shoots up. When he sees it's me he relaxes. 

"Hello, Tommy", he responds. 

"Listen, I need to explain something to you without you getting upset ok?" 

Dream cocks his eyebrow up, but nods at me to continue. 

"You know how y/n would talk about this world being scripted?" Dream's eyes darken as he nods once more. "Well, the script is over". 

Dream's eyes widen with confusion. "What- what do you mean?" 

"It turns out Wilbur was the one with the ability to write the script and we expelled him magically or something like that". 

"Oh". 

"Listen, I know this is a lot to take in, believe me, it took me a while to understand, but there is good news from this. Because all of the crimes you committed were done during Wilbur's script, the other members of the SMP and I are working out a legal process that can take you out of jail seeing that you were just the unfortunate person assigned the role of being the villain". 

"I see". 

"I just wanted to talk a few things over with you before I leave and tell everyone my thoughts and we vote on your freedom". I take a deep breath, "Were you- were you in control during exile?"

"What do you mean?" 

"In the back of my head, when Wilbur wanted me to do something bad like burning down George's house to get exiled, I could feel something. I didn't know it then, but now I think that was Wilbur influencing me. I want to know if you had that feeling when you did all those- those horrible things to me". 

"Oh, Tommy", Dream says with a sympathetic look. He stands up and takes a step closer. "Of course, I had that feeling". 

I sigh with relief. 

"I felt it and embraced the feeling", Dream continues with a sinister smile. 

I take a shocked step back. "You what?" 

"At first, I felt this feeling to do the things I did to you, but as time passed, I enjoyed it, Tommy. Feeling it or not I would do it all over and over again". 

"No- stop. You don't know what you're talking about". 

"But I do Tommy! I knew about Wilbur and I still chose to do what I did". 

"You're lying!" 

"Would I ever lie to my friend? You know what, why don't I revive Wilbur right now so we can talk about it with him. Now that I think about it, wouldn't reviving Wilbur bring him back more powerful after you expelled him".