Chapter 32

*~-~-~-~-~POV Tommy~-~-~-~-~*

I'm woken up by a sharp knocking on my door. I shoot up from my bed and stumble around the house, making my way to the front door. When I open it, I discover y/n waiting. 

"Y/n! How are you doing? I've been wanting to hang out with you lately-" 

"Sorry, Tommy", y/n says, cutting me off. "I've been super busy with my party planning. Speaking of which", y/n summons an envelope into her hands, "this invitation is for you". 

I take the invitation eagerly. "Thanks y/n! When you finish handing out the rest of the invitations can we hang out? Actually, I'd be happy to help you finish delivering them!" 

"No, Tommy. I want to do this alone". Y/n turns around and starts to walk away. 

"You know you're not alone?" 

Y/n whips around to face me. I look down at the ground, suddenly nervous. 

"What?", she asks, her voice extremely icy. 

"Ever since Dream killed and revived you, you've been acting differently. One of the things I've noticed most is how distant you've become. You almost seemed to be hiding from everyone when Techno and I visited you the other day. I just wanted you to know I'm always here for you". 

Y/n's face twitches for a moment but then settles into an eerie smile. "Tommy", she says, her voice sickly sweet, "I would never purposely distance myself from you. People who do that are most likely hiding something and I would never hide anything from you. In fact, Tommy, I would go as far as saying that I would never lie to you". 

I take a step back from the person I once recognized as a loving and caring figure. My head hurt from the pointed words that tried to cloud my judgment. 

Y/n reaches out and grips my forearm, causing me to lock in on her eyes. "Do you trust me, Tommy? Because right now I feel like you don't trust me". 

"I trust you, y/n", I say, the words making me sick to my stomach. 

She releases her tight grip on my arm. "Good to know. Now you need to hurry and get ready for the party- it's later tonight!" 

I nod my head, too scared to speak. Y/n turns around and walks off. I listen as her footsteps fade away in the distance, frozen to the spot. After several minutes of silence, I slowly make my way to my front door and carefully shut it. 

"Only one other person has ever spoken to me like that before", I mutter to myself. "No! What am I even saying, it's y/n!" 

I slowly make my way around the house, getting dressed in my most swag outfit. I continue to get ready but I can't ignore all of the warning sirens going off in my head.  "Something is definitely wrong with her", I mutter to myself as I combed my hair in the mirror. "She's never grabbed my arm like that, not even when she tried to scold me for setting her plants on fire. And her eyes- they looked dead". I pause to think. "Maybe she is having a hard time after being revived", I say, shrugging my shoulders. "Maybe she has a bad limbo". 

I once again shake away the bad feelings I have and start making my way to the new party hall y/n commissioned marked on the map on the invitation. I arrive at the party hall and can't help but let out a gasp of amazement- y/n and Sam Nook spared no efforts in making it one of the most beautiful structures I have ever seen. A quick glance around at all of the other party-goers confirmed that they were also as mesmerized as I was.