Chapter 8

Technoblade carries me all the way back to his base. When we get there, I'm placed on a bed. I listen to hushed voices worriedly talking. A few moments later my head is being lifted gently and I hear a voice tell me to drink. My body is filled with warmth as the liquid flows down my throat.

 My eyes flutter open to look at my surroundings. "Ahhh!", I yell, immediately shutting my eyes. 

"What's wrong?", the voices ask concerned. 

"It's so bright!" 

I hear some trap doors get shut. 

"Ok, try again", a voice soothingly requests. 

I slowly open my eyes to see three people surrounding me. 

"Hi y/n, I'm Philza, are you feeling better?"

I nod. 

"Ok that's great, please tell me if that changes." 

I nod again. 

"Y/n!" 

I turn to face one of the other people in the room. 

"Hi, I'm Ghostbur, do you like blue?" 

"Ghostbur?", I question. 

"Yeah, I used to be Alivebur- I mean Wilbur- but now I'm Ghostbur. Here, have some blue!" 

"Thank you", I say, confusedly taking his 'blue'. I need to find out more about who Ghostbur is later.

"Could you give us a moment Ghostbur", Philza asks, "me and Techno want to talk to y/n privately". 

"Ok!", Ghostbur says as he cheerfully leaves. 

"Y/n, can you tell us what happened?" 

"Oh yeah, um Dream-" I pause to think. "Wait, I need to go, I can't be here, if Dream finds out-", I say while starting to panic. 

"Y/n, shhh, it's ok, he's not here, and we won't let him find you", Philza assures me. 

I feel silent tears start to stream down my face. 

"Techno, tell her", Philza insists. 

I turn to look at Technoblade, he hasn't said a word the whole time.

"Did you ever join L'manberg", Technoblade asks coldly. 

"What?" 

"Did you really leave us for L'manberg?", he asks again, raising his voice. 

"Are you kidding me?" 

I feel hot anger rise to the surface of my skin as the tears stream down my face. 

"The last time you saw me, Dream was waiting for me at home. He attacked me with a sword and it ended with me being tied up in his room for four days. Eventually, he got tired of dealing with me and got paranoid that I would escape, so he constructed a personal hell for me. I was in that room with a new lingering potion being dropped on me every 15 minutes. The worst part of all, Dream told me that no one would come for me". I started choking up more, "Dream told me that he told you I had betrayed you, and that no one else even knows I exist". 

I'm crying uncontrollably now.

"Y/n, it's ok, you're out now, we found you", Philza interrupts, trying to calm me.

I ignore him, "I couldn't see anything for a month, or talk, or breathe! It was a god-forsaken mixture of blindness, weakness, and something else he wouldn't say that made me question if I was even alive at certain points". 

"Y/n, I'm so sorry you had to go through that", Philza sympathizes.

I can't stop the words from spilling out of my mouth. "I'm not even supposed to be here", I sob. "I just gave Dream all the information he needs to take control of everyone".