Chapter 28

*~-~-~-~-~POV Y/n~-~-~-~-~*

Ever since Tommy was revived by Dream, life has been great. Sure, there have been tough emotional moments, but nothing me and Tommy couldn't work through together. The people of the SMP agree that Dream is to remain in jail for the foreseeable future, especially after his confession of torturing Tommy free of Wilbur's control.

Pretty much life has gone back to normal. Well, almost. Technoblade has been a little distant and it is starting to worry me. 

I trudge through the snow, tugging my jacket tighter. Why did Techno have to pick the artic of all places to live? And so far! He could have moved closer after everyone forgave him because of Wil!

I hear a bird caw from a tree as I trudge along, its calls sounding suspiciously close to laughing. "What are you laughing at?", I snap, taking out my sword and pointing it at the bird. 

"Y/n?"

I turn around to see Philza glancing between me, my sword, and the crow in the tree. 

"Ahaha- uh- Phil!" I quickly hide my sword. "Long time no see!"

"Pfft-!" Phila breaks down laughing. "What brings you out here, surely more than threatening the crows?"

I glare at Philza.

"I agree they can be annoying, and boy do I know how fun it can be to mess with them."

The crow caws defiantly from the tree.

"Oi! You- I am not old! You take that back or I'm gonna let her finish you off!"

The bird flies away leaving me and Philza laughing.

"Sorry about that, mate. What were we talking about again?"

"Oh, well I was going to say that I'm here to visit Techno!"

"That sounds fun! I haven't seen him out much lately. It'll be good for him to get some interaction time in. I won't stop you, have fun."

"Bye, Phil!"

"Bye!"

I continue the rest of the freezing trek uninterrupted. When I arrive at the familiar cottage, I knock at the door. There is no response and the house is eerily silent, so I turn around, assuming Technoblade isn't home. The door creaks behind me and I whip around to see Techoblade weapon in hand staring me down. 

"Oh, it's you. I mean- hey y/n". Technoblade puts down his ax and sighs in relief. 

"You ok? What's the weapon for?", I ask. 

Technoblade glances at his ax and chuckles nervously. "What? This ol' thing? When have I not had it?" 

"When you normally answer the door", I point out. 

"True, true. Fine, I've been having a mob problem and I was getting ready to fix it again. It's nothing, really." 

I raise my eyebrows in disbelief, but Technoblade doesn't budge. The air is tense when I speak. "You know, if there is any problem, you can always come to me. We've talked about this before- I'll always be there for you". 

"I know", Techno says, no longer meeting my eyes. 

"Is it about the voices?" 

"It's about nothing!", Techno snaps. I stiffen from the harshness of his words. "I'm sorry, it's just- here". Technoblade stands up and goes to one of his shelves. He grabs a sealed envelope and hands it to me. "I promise I'll be ok, just wait three days and read the paper inside this".