𝘊.3 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘖𝘯 𝘈 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘺𝘤𝘭𝘦?

When the three of you came back to your uncle's house, it was already dark. Some of the older kids from different houses stayed outside, some putting on coats since it was still cold outside, but they were enjoying their time with friends. You saw the familiar family car sparked outside by the mailbox, and the lights on from inside the house.

An angry Dolores pulled you aside. "Where were you? Mom and dad have been asking for you since they got here?" She sternly said. "I told you. I went out with Gloria and I met her girlfriend." You angrily grunted. "Whatever, just go say hi to them." She said.

"Hey mom, hey dad, hey Juan!" You said as you went to hug the three. Your dad looked awfully tired since he must have been driving for a while. Your mother greeted Gloria and Tiffany, as they hugged her. "We thought you all went out, so we ate without you." Your uncle said as he wiped his hands with a dishrag. "It's fine, I can pick something up." Gloria insisted. "Okay that's fine my me." He said. "Mom, dad can I go with her?" You whispered. "Yeah just be back as soon as your done eating." They both answered.

And again you went into your cousins car.
"Hey y/n?" Gloria asked. "Hmm?" You answered. "Originally, Tiffany and I were supposed to go out. You know like a date?" She awkwardly said as Tiffany hummed to the radio. "I get it. You don't want me to third wheel." You acknowledged. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to barge in on cousin time." Tiffany pouted. "It's fine. I'll just walk around the downtown area." You said reassuringly. "We'll meet back at the café around 9:00. We'll probably be done eating." Gloria said. "9:00 got it." You nodded.

Tiffany and Gloria went inside the small restaurant, leaving you alone in the unfamiliar place. You didn't mind at all actually. Seeing the two together bonding made you realize something: Why am I still single? You walked around the busy crosswalks and passed by many people. You saw a phone booth and immediately looked at your arm. Why not call him?

You dialed the number onto the phone, and waited for it to ring. No answer. Another quarter, and no answer. You huffed in disappointment as you let the person behind you use the phone. You plopped down on a bench and stared at the shore and night sky.

"What are you doing here dulce?" A guy said. You looked up to see Jon smiling at you, his hair partially in the way. "Dulce? You were way off." You laughed. "Sorry, I don't speak Spanish." He chuckled as he threw his hands in the air. "And I'm guessing you do?" He questioned as he sat down next to you. "Yessir!" You nonchalantly nodded. "That's pretty cool." He smiled.

"How do you know Tiffany and my cousin Gloria?" You asked. "Well I used to date Tiffany, and Gloria used to date my buddy David. Things didn't work out with the both of us, and next thing you know they're dating. They're pretty happy together aren't they?" He shrugged. "They sure are happy. Kinda makes you want to have a relationship like that." You chuckled. "I didn't mind at all though. Tiffany and I were better off as acquaintances. But I don't think David ever got over Gloria. He really loved her." He went on to say. "I'm sorry to hear that about him." You sighed. "Gloria can be a real charmer and I don't think she will ever realize the impact she has on people." You told him. "Well enough of this heartbreaking stuff, let's do something fun." He jumped up from his seat and held out his hand, in which you gladly took.

"Where to?" You asked. "Well for starters there's this cool arcade a couple blocks down. They have the best ice cream there." He smiled.

"You know, I've missed out on so much since I last saw Gloria and I never met Tiffany. What were they like?" You asked. He then went on about the crazy things he did with Tiffany, and you kind of felt bad that they broke up. The way he spoke about her made him really happy, and you couldn't imagine what his poor friend David was going through.

"Well here we are!" He exclaimed. You saw a pretty big arcade, with parents coming in with their children, young teens hanging out in groups, and couples running inside. "Holy crap! This arcade is so cool!" You squealed. "This place is cool! Let's go inside." He exclaimed as he grabbed your arm and lead you inside.

Inside was like a heaven for a small child. There was a water slide, with arcade games around the other side. An honorable mention was the dunk tank near the water slide.

"Wow." You stated in awe. "It's a lot to take in right?" He smiled as he looked at you. "It is." You responded, still mesmerized around the setting.

The two of you were like children, running around the arcade side, competing and bickering at whoever won a game. Then Jon came up with a brilliant yet stupid idea.

"Whoever loses this round has to go in the dunk tank." He laughed. "Fine, but your going down Jon." You laughed as you grabbed a basketball.

"Ha! I won!" Jon laughed as he did a happy dance. "Crap." You huffed. "Go on." He smiled. "No way! I don't have any clothes to change into after." You said back in response. "A bet is a bet dulce now you gotta go." He sang as he pushed you along. "Ok fine." You sighed.

To your luck, no one was in line, so you had the honors of not waiting. "If the water is cold I'm gonna kill you." You yelled as you stepped into the tank. "Can't make any promises." He gave you a menacing smile, as he grabbed a ball. He threw it, and lucky you, he made it. It all went in slow motion as you screamed and fell into the water. "Holy crap! I'm gonna kill you Jon!" You laughed as you spat out the water that got in your mouth. You saw a hysterical Jon laughing as he hit his leg, almost in tears as he saw your reaction when you plummeted into the water. You couldn't help but blush at his reaction. You made him laugh like that.

You got out of the water to be greeted by a breathless Jon. "Oh shut it Jon. I don't wanna hear it." You said sarcastically. "Your face though." He started to laugh again. "What time is it?" You asked. "Up there." He pointed to the digital clock that rested at the top of the wall. "It's 10:00." He said. "Oh no." You gasped. "I forgot! I had to meet Tiffany and Gloria at nine! They're gonna kill me." You gulped. "They probably left home already. I'll drop you off." He said brushing off your anxiousness.

The two of you stepped outside, only to be hit with an immense amount of cold wind. "It's freezing." You shivered. "Right, I kind of forgot it's late March. Still cold here am I right." He apologized as you both began to walk. "Here have my jacket." He said as he took off his leather jacket and handed it to you. "I'm fine, I'll be home soon anyways." You said declining his offer. "Please take it." He insisted. "Fine." You smiled as he wrapped it around your shoulders. "Ever been on a motorcycle?" He asked as he handed you a helmet.