𝘊.10 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘊𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘴

The next morning, you woke up to the loud sounds of pots and pans being moved. You groaned as you shuffled out of bed, your sister still sleeping.

Ana woke you up with her morning sickness, as you went to help her in the bathroom.

A couple of days had went by since you had last spoken to Gloria. Sure, you'd see her around the house, but she blamed you for her getting in trouble. There was only awkward silence between the two of you, but Ana, her older sister of course didn't let the negative vibe from ruining your trip.

"Y/N." She said in a happy voice.

"What is it?" You asked.

"Well, since I'm the one to tell you this, did you know at the community center they have a costume party for the teens at the high school? Gloria's grounded and she can't go, and I really wanted to make a costume." She told you.

"And what does this have to do with me?" You smiled.

"Well..." She began. "I was wondering if you could go." She told you.

"I uh- sure!" You told her, only thinking about the choice for a split second.

"Perfect! It's at 8:00 pm, and I think we'll have just enough time to make you a costume!" She squealed.

"Can't we just buy one?" You asked.

"That's not fun Y/N! It's way better when you make one." She smiled

"Now let's go to the fabric store!" She chanted.

The two of you looked at the large variety of fabrics, Ana scanning each fabric carefully.

"Hmm, it looks like the material is too thin."

"This type of cotton blend of fabric will guarantee make you feel like you're wearing a blanket."

"This linen is so nice, but so expensive!"

"I think this one is perfect!" She said as she held up the roll of red satin fabric.

You felt the soft fabric. It wasn't silk, as the silk fabric was way more expensive than the satin. It was your favorite shade of red, and you smiled at the idea.

"So what's my costume going to be?" You asked.

"Well, I was thinking either a pageant winner, or a beauty queen!" She smiled.

"Thats..." You were about to finish your sentence. The idea of being a beauty Queen was somewhat weird. You always thought of yourself as you, not some goddess, although everyone around you thought otherwise.

"You don't like the idea?" And pouted as her eyes saddened.

"N-no! I love the idea." You butted in, not wanting to make her upset.

"Yay! Let's go then!"

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

You watched Ana carefully sew the fabric into an amazing dress. She seemed to be very focused on the fabric, turning it at important points, and every so often going back to re-sew a part.

"Dolores! Come in here quick!" Ana called out, as your sister lazily walked in the room.

"What do you think?" She asked, holding up the dress.

"Damn cousin! You sure know how to sew." She said in astonishment, admiring the piece.

It was amazing how a large square of fabric could be turned into a beautiful dress to wear.