7 - I Don't Miss You

Warning: Mild sin at the end.

Marinette's POV

At sunset, Chloe and I drove to the port where Adrien's yacht was docked. His yacht was gigantic; it had three floors, a swimming pool, a bunch of rooms, and even a bar. It must have cost a fortune.

Apparently, the party is going to last the entire night since we'll be back in Paris at sunrise. Chloe and I decided to wear matching outfits. I wore a red bikini underneath a red mini dress, and she wore a yellow bikini underneath a black mini dress. However, I don't think that I want to get wet tonight.

There were indeed hundreds of people. A lot of them were Parisian designers and corporate bosses. They all recognized me, which was kind of overwhelming.

After a good half hour, I felt my social battery die, so I decided to get slightly drunk to charge it.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, my greatest creation." I heard a male voice say behind me as I sat in the bar next to Chloe.

I turned around, "Damien Smith!" I exclaimed.

We hugged and laughed while Chloe raised one brow at me. "Who is he and why is he referring to you as his creation?" She asked suspiciously.

"Chloe, this is Damien. He was my boss and mentor when I was an intern at Vogue. He basically kick-started my career in fashion." I explained.

She let out a delighted squeal and shook his hand. "Miss Bourgeois, I would like to say that you will make a great president in a few months," Damien told Chloe.

Before she could retort, he turned to me, "And Marinette, I might have discovered you, but you're the only one to credit for your success. I saw on Forbes that you're a billionaire now, congrats!" He said, his eyes glimmering with pride.

"Stop it, you're gonna make me blush," I laughed.

"It was a pleasure talking to the both of you, but I must go now." He said with a bow.

Once he left, Chloe and I locked eyes before bursting into laughter.

"Wow, he's really charming." Chloe said. "Did you see those muscles?"

"Need I remind you of a man named Kim?" I asked, playfully raising my brows. "I don't blame you though, Damien was named 'Paris' Most Eligible Bachelor' on many occasions."

"Oh yeah? Were you hot for teacher back then?" She joked.

"Chloe! No!" I protested, and she laughed harder.

We continued sipping red wine at the bar while reminiscing about high school memories. For the first time in a while, I felt genuinely happy and breezy.

During the past year, Felix went to war, MDC Designs became an international brand, paparazzi chased me at every street corner and my sleep schedule was a mess.

Being back in Paris, my home city, was like inhaling a breath of fresh air.

"I'm so ready to get married..." I said out of the blue with a serious tone.

"Wow, I'm the one who is engaged and I don't know if I'm ready." Chloe replied, our conversation was deep all of a sudden.

"It's okay to not be ready, as long as you know that you want Kim to be your only man for the rest of your life. In sickness and in health, for better or worse." I replied, taking a sip of wine.

Chloe let out a long sigh and turned to me with a smirk. "Is the sex good with your mystery boyfriend?"

I almost choked on my wine, "Getting straight to the point, I see." I replied, our conversation was now light and shallow again.