1 - Darkest Night of the Year

Since some of you don't seem to read the book's description... This is a sequel to my story "Hot Mess", please go show love on there before reading this book 🫶🏻

The 6 years time skip happens later in this story.

Previously...
High School first love. Baby. Heart break. Plane ride to New York.

Now...

Marinette's POV

It's Halloween, and I'm sitting in front of my desk doing some homework for my fashion history class.

I've been living in New York for a few months now. Sometimes, I miss Paris. I miss the smell of fresh baked croissants, the flowers near the Champs-Élysées and brunch at Julien's...

No. I need to stop thinking about Paris, otherwise I'll think about Adrien. He hasn't called a single time since I left. Chloe came to visit me a few times in the beginning of summer, but he never came.

Did I hope for him to miraculously show up at my doorstep all these months? Yes. Did he? Never. That's a sign that he and I are completely over.

Emma is doing great, she moves a lot and it tickles. I love the feeling of her kicking inside of me, it's such a sweet and strange sensation! I can't wait to see her. I designed an insane amount of pink baby clothes just for her.

I'm due next month, so I'm really big now. I mostly wear baggy clothes when I go out, because people seem uncomfortable when they see such a young pregnant woman...

Right now, I'm waiting for Felix to come over. In case you don't remember, Felix, Alya and I go to the same college now. The three of us are very close. We also happen to live in the same building in Manhattan.

I live with Alya, and Felix lives two floors on top of us. The dorms at Parsons suck, to the point where we'd rather take the subway two times a day then live in them.

I heard Felix knock on my door. "It's open!" I yelled from the living room. He then opened the door and headed towards me.

"Hey Mari, where's Alya?" He asked casually.

"She went to a Halloween party with some sketchy Columbia students. She'll be back soon." I explained.

He nodded in acknowledgement and sat in front of me, opening his bag and taking out his homework.

"You didn't have to spend the evening with me, it's Halloween! I obviously can't party, but you should..." I said apologetically.

"I hate Halloween," He started, and I shook my head in utter confusion. "Besides, I'm always happy to spend time with you."

"Hold on... You don't like Halloween? Who doesn't like Halloween?" I asked incredulously.

"The kind of people who's dad died on Halloween..." He replied with a sad frown, before clearing his throat.

"Oh, I'm so sorry..." I replied, and he flashed a small smile.

"Don't worry, it was a really long time ago... How's little Emma doing?" He asked, changing subjects.

"Good! But I can't wait for her to just... get out of me. I miss being skinny. I miss wearing crop tops. But most importantly, I want to feel like a woman instead of an incubator." I ranted.