24 - A New Life

Do you get deja vu? *Hot Mess chapter 27 who?*
I am not okay after writing this.

Marinette and Felix were on their way to London. A private jet were waiting for them at the airport. It was a gloomy day, very representative of the month of November. Felix was extremely nervous to go back to his home country, not knowing how the people were going to welcome to him. Marinette was extremely nervous to go to the country that was going to be her home for the rest of her life.

Nonetheless, they both pretended to be fine.

They barely spoke during the entire car ride to the airport, aside from a little small talk here and there. A new chapter was officially beginning for the both of them, and everything was about to change.

In the jet, Marinette felt like she was in an alternate reality. How did her life change so suddenly? Felix felt like he was in an alternate reality. How did his life change so suddenly? They were just young adults a few years ago; all they needed to worry about was getting good grades at school and having a good career. And now, they are political figures in a constitutional monarchy.

They could already hear an angry mob just by landing in the London airport. Even with maximum security, people still managed to sneak into their privacy and call them names; "fake royals," "phony foreigners," "unworthy of the throne," "better off dead."

Author's note: I know that Brits probably couldn't care less about the royal family irl but this is a story okay -.-

Finally, Marinette and Felix arrived at the palace. They were both extremely tense and startled by the 'welcome' they got. Felix had warned Marinette about the harsh reality in England, and she did understand — but she didn't know that it was that bad...

"So... they really don't like us, huh?" Marinette asked once they were alone. The prince's bedroom was grandiose and extravagant – probably twice the size of his flat in Manhattan. The ceiling was so high that Marinette could barely see the end of it. The floor was made of silver marble and beautiful paintings decorated the entire place.

Felix let out a small, disappointed chuckle between his teeth, shaking his head. "Nope, they don't," He replied gently. He took off his jacket and hung it in his wardrobe. Then, he went to sit down on the bed and buried his face in his hands, completely defeated by the grim reality he now had to confront.

The sight of him breaking down broke Marinette's heart.

"Do you think that this could change?" Marinette asked softly, approaching him towards the bed.

"I'm not sure..." Felix replied, still hiding his face. "I've been trying so hard to get in their good graces. To make my mother proud. I did my stupid military service, donated all my money to the people here and swore my loyalty to the British throne. I just... don't know what to do anymore..."

Marinette sighed, sitting down next to her fiancé. She gave him a tight hug and stroked his hair. She didn't say anything, because sometimes, silence speaks louder than words. All she needed to do was be there for him and let him know that he wasn't alone in this.

Felix accepted her embrace. He loved her so much, more than he could ever show. He never believed in God, but he gave that place to her. From the moment he coincidentally met her at that football game in high school, to being with her through pregnancy, standing by her in her darkest darkest moments, her brilliant career, and now...