25 - In Another Life

This book is now completed.

Adrien's POV

I felt a sharp pressure on my abdomen. I looked down and saw the wound and how much blood I was losing. I quickly lost control of my balance and my legs, and I fell on the ground.

I shook my head, looking at the girl I was about to leave my entire life for, everything I worked for my whole life – I was about to leave, to give up, for her.

And I would do it all over again, without thinking twice, because it was her.

It has always been her.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the lady of my dreams, and the love of my life.

She was the summer to my winter heart.

She was the poison I spent my entire life craving to drink.

"Adrien–," she whimpered, not in the real mind of what was passing. "No, no, no, Adrien–,"

She couldn't breathe, and she kneeled next to me. My head rested on her lap, and my eyes blinked slowly as I stared deeply into hers.

Her trembling hands grabbed her phone in her jacket, and she immediately called for help.

Her eyes,

Those blue, beautiful eyes I fell in love with, I fell lost in – there was forever in those eyes.

Her breath hitched, her body froze in the solid grip of mine, "I have said it many times before, and I will say it again, till the day you believe me –,"

"You have a place in my heart, princess, a place in my heart only you can have, and no matter what will happen, you will always have me," I whispered.

My words lived to be more than true.

She would always have me,

Be with me,

No matter what,

Because it was her and I,

Forever.

Marinette's POV

"No, Adrien, don't you dare–,"

I tried to shake his shoulders, to bring him back to me,

"I'll be waiting for you," He whispered, his lips slightly parted, "I'm sorry I never loved you properly–," His voice trembled.

"No, don't say that–, my happiest moments were with you, Adrien..." I replied sweetly, tears blurring my vision. My heart was pounding inside my chest.

Please don't take him away from me. Not him too.

"I'll take care of Emma, I promise–," He breathed out slowly.

The light in his eyes, that glint of light that always illuminated in emotion, went out,

"No, no, no–,"