Learning X About X Him

Listen to the music for a better experience~
>or not I don't control you...<

   I look over at Takuya in distress.

   I bite my lip.

   "Whatever you saw," I start. "I'm sure it can be avoided. I'm not too good with future stuff."

   He gives a half hearted smile.

   "Maybe you're right."

   Takuya looks over the lake with his teary eyes.

   I place my hands on my lap.

   "I feel like this is my fault somehow."

   "No! It's not..." He says hastily.

   He wipes his eye again then winces.

   "Ouch!"

   "Are you alright?" I ask worried.

   "Yeah..." He responds lifting his head.

   "Takuya," I start. "Your eye... it's a... different color."

   "𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕?"

   "What deal?" I lean in, confused.

   "N-nothing." He says covering his eye. "Do you have like, a cloth or something?"

   I take off my scarf.

   "Here." I offer, outstretching my arms.

   He ties the scarf around his one eye. The eye was light blue. Lighter than his usual eye. It was so light, that it looked as if it shone in the dark. He must have had a contact lenses in and it slipped out.

   Why did he wear them though? And that question... it was almost as if a different person was talking.

   "Hello? Y/N?" Takuya waves his hand in front of me. "Anyone in there?"

   I shake my head then look at him.

   "Sorry. I spaced out."

   I muster up courage and ask him, "Is that... your real eye color? It's very pretty."

   He nods.

   "It's only in one eye. Some time ago my genetics got tampered with. It made my eye lighter."

   "Your genetics? How did someone get into your genetics? Isn't that something you're born with?!"

   "Hey Y/N," He says cutting me off. "I think I need some sleep. I'm going to go home now. Forget about the eye color situation. As you can see, I'd rather no one know."

   I stand up with him.

   "You can give me the scarf back tomorrow."

   He smiles at me.

   "I will."

   The next day, Takuya showed up to school with both of his eyes his regular deep navy color. He said to forget about last night, but the icy blue color refuses to leave my mind. I open my locker and peer behind it, to see Takuya.