The x Truth x Hurts

~。

   "Y/N, wake up."

   I shoot my eyes open and look up at Takuya who was over me.

   "It's time for the battle." He relays.

   I looked in front of me at Hisoka at the other side of the school yard. All a dream then?

  I look back and Takuya and nod. With that, I stood up to face him. I wish this was just a practice match and not a real one, but sometimes, things don't end up the way you want them to.

   The crowd that formed around us quieted down as Hisoka and I stepped into the ring—the taped area that marked the bounds of the ring. The pressure was on as his intense golden eyes stared back at me.

The person monitoring the match looked to me then him. He brought the flag down to up to signal the beginning of the match. Why are we fighting? Aren't supposed to be together? Is this his way of cutting ties with me?

   The match had began and Hisoka was still standing in his original place. It seems like he wants me to come to him; how rude.

I run up to him and he blocks all my punches with only his palm. It's still the same like before, nothing has changed.

   After I'm all worn out, I felt the left side of my cheek lift up. Bungee Gum. It was the first time Hisoka hit me.

He did it again and again and again.

I was thrown back to my original starting position.

   "Alright that's..." I heard the person supervising the match attempt to say.

   I felt Hisoka's aura rush at me. Was he going to kill me? His presence was too powerful for me to fight. Ha, I'm such a fool to think he still cared about me. He said he didn't want the past back, and yet, I still hung on to the idea that maybe it wasn't true.

   I stop resisting and just lay there. It doesn't matter to me if I die or not... it doesn't matter... Huh? His aura vanished...?

   I look up to see Takuya, Ayaka, Daku, Hoshi, Kai, and Shiro surrounding Hisoka. A dark shadow casted over Shiro's eyes, "If you move any closer, we'll kill you."

   The raging gold in his eyes diminished and so did his aura. He turns and walks away. He doesn't even stay to hear he won. There isn't much left to see, so the crowd left too. I can hear Shiro talking to be, but it's muffled and my vision is getting dark too.

   Love is weird. Even after beating me half to death, I'd still die for him.

~

   "Oh, Y/N's awake!"

I open my eyes to all my friends around me. It takes me a while to remember what happened, but when I do, there's a visible change in my expression.

   "Are you feeling okay?" Kai asks, worried.

   I nod my head.

   Takuya embraces me in a hug, "Thank goodness!"

   Over his shoulder I could see Ayaka who looks slightly annoyed. "Could you step out a moment?" she asks him. "Our friend group needs to talk."

   Takuya nods, complying, and leaves the room. After he's gone, Ayaka walks over to my bed; she looks gloomy.

   "I hope you don't plan to run back to Hisoka again."

   I stare up at her blankly.

   "You don't, right...?" Shiro questions.

   "Of course not!" I shout. "He tried to kill me. Why would I want to go back to that?!"

   "Because we know you would."

   I sulk looking at my hands.

   "He's not the same anymore," Shiro says softly. "I've witnessed it. I thought that we could bring him back, but I don't think that's possible."

   A burry my face in my palms, "This is exactly why I tried to stay alone."

   The others exchange sad glances with each other. Hisoka brought us together; Hisoka tore us apart. Hisoka became our foundation; our friendship is dented.

   Kai tries to heal the awkward silence. "Takuya seems nice."

   I glare at him, and Shiro punches his arm.

   "Ow- Sorry..."

   I lean back on the bed, "He is nice, though. Should I date him?"

   The three stare back at me with puzzled and astonished faces.

   "What?" I ask.

   "Are you serious?" Shiro questions.

   "Very serious."

   Ayaka shrugs her shoulders, "Okay, bring him back in. We'll get going to get you something to eat. Enjoy the alone time."

   I watch the three leave the room, and Takuya enter. I don't think I've ever seen his cheeks so rosy before; maybe he heard me?

   "It is so hot out there," he sighs as he plops on a chair next to me. "Anyways, how ya doin'?"

   I just got knocked out senseless, nothing special...

   "Oh, I'm great; thanks for asking."

He clicks the points of his shoes together. "Yeah, uh, that was a dumb question, given the obvious..."

Startling him, I chuckle.

I can't pinpoint the reason why I want to date Takuya. Now, it isn't just because I'm trying to make Hisoka jealous, but because I really do want to get to know Takuya. Even if I want to, there's no point in chasing after the man who tried to kill me.

"Hey, so," he says quietly. "I may have overheard the conversation you guys just had."

I blink at him a few times. "Okay...?"

"Is what you said... true, or are you just going to end up using me...?"

I hate that I ended up dragging him into this in the first place. However, after getting to know him, he really is someone I want to be around.

I turn so that I'm facing him directly and stare into his miscolored eyes. I start in a gentle voice, "Takuya, I'm going to keep it real with you, though this year had just begun, it's been really fucked up as shit."

I notice the way he's taken aback by my use of language, but there really wasn't anyway to describe it. At least it got his attention.

"And while we're still being honest, at first, I didn't know how I felt about you, but now, after many hits to the head, I think I have a good verdict."

Unfortunately, he didn't take my "hits to the head" joke very well. He shifts in his seat, trying to shake the emotion.

"Basically what I'm trying to say—ask—will you go out with me?"

His cheeks progressively got rosier as he listened to me. His response of "yes" was uncomfortably sudden—a super fast nod that could have taken his head off.

I cringe more than find it cute. "Okay, you're my boyfriend now."

~。

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

...

Wow, y'all depressed asf.

You: ____

Shut tf up😃

>Author-san