Chapter 6

Leo layed there. Staring at his brother. Raph did something he has never done in a long time. Cry. Raph sobbed going into an emotional breakdown.

Leo reached out his left arm to try and comfort his brother. He couldn't reach so he pushed himself up pushing asside the pain and hugged his brother.

"It's okay Raph" Leo tried to comfort his younger brother.

"Why- why did you save me?" Raph chokes on his tears.

Leo pulled away from the hug as his breathing hitched due to the sharp pain. "Because you're my brother. And I would do anything to protect any of my brothers" Leo says with a slight smile.

Raph wipes his tears away as Leo lays back down, unable to keep himself up anymore.

"Alright... Get some sleep Leo. You need it" Raph says before sitting and turning off the lamp.

Morning came and Donnie was the first to wake up among his brothers. He turns to see Raph and Leo asleep so he gets up and heads to the kitchen. He makes himself a cup of coffee and make toast for himself.

"Mornin Don" Mikey greets sleepily.

"Mornin Mikey" Don greets back taking a bite into his toast.

Mikey opens the refrigerator door and greets a mutated ice cream cat. "Mornin Ice Cream Kitty" Mikey says before grabbing a slice of frozen pizza and tossing it into the microwave.

"Geez, its awfully quiet" Mikey states as he watches the pizza spin in the microwave.

"Yea. Well make the most of it. Pretty soon it'll be the same" Doney says before drinking his coffee.

"Goodmorning my sons" Splinter says as he enters the kitchen.

"Morning Sensei" Mikey says taking his pizza out of the microwave. "wait, Sensei?"

"I thought you were going out for the week?" Donnie says confused.

"There was a few problems" Splinter says. "Where are your brothers?"

Donnie looks at the lab and back at Splinter. "We had a fight with Shredder the other day" Splinters eyes widened. "We're fine! Don't worry. Leo is the one who was injured the most but he's all patched up. He should be good as new in a few weeks"

"And what about Raphael?" Splinter asks concerned.

"Raphael broke his leg and has a few small cuts but other than that, he's completely fine"

Splinter nods. They both turned their heads to Mikey when a loud sound of a video game was heard. It was so loud to the point Don and Splinter couldn't even hear themselves think.

"MIKEY! TURN THAT DOWN!" Donnie tries to yell above the loud sounds.

"WHAT'S THAT DON?" Mikey questions as he turns down the volume.

"I said turn that down!"

"But I already turned it down" Mikey annoys his older brother.

Donnie opens his mouth before Raph came from the lab and interrupted. "Geez Mikey. What a way to wake us up"

"Goodmorning my son" Splinter says walking to Raphael.

"Wait, I thought you were gonna be out this week" Raph says confused.

"How are you and your brother?" Splinter asks ignoring Raph's statement.

"We're both fine" Raph replies. "Leo is still resting. He woke up earlier but went back to sleep right after"

Splinter nods and enters the lab to see his oldest son asleep on the bed. Splinter took a good look at Leo's wounds. Each wound added more hatred towards Shredder in the mutant rat.

Meanwhile outside Donnie was on a call with April.

"We have big trouble. I'll be there after school. Gotta go bye!"