Chapter 37 Part 2 - "Assassination"

....

On the way back to the East Palace, Qin Ruo asked puzzled:

"Your Highness, why did His Majesty disapprove of Princess Zhaohua's marriage with the Prince Regent?
It stands to reason that His Majesty relies heavily and trusts the Regent, letting him take charge of the court.
For the Princess being able to marry the Regent, isn't it the most appropriate  choice?"

"This Prince also feels it's strange."
Murong Ci was also puzzled.
In the civil and military dynasty, Murong Yu was most trusted and valued by her Father.

'Maybe it's a matter for the Father because it's his most beloved Princess?
Is it possible that the Father is also as worried as Concubine Qiao?'

'But since you rely heavily on Murong Yu and trust him, what is there to be worried about?
From this point of view, could it be that in truth the Father did not fully trust Murong Yu?
But if that's the case, why did the father let Murong Yu take full charge of the court?
Isn't this contradictory...?'

Halfway through their way to the East Palace, Qin Ruo suddenly clutched her lower abdomen and bent down,

"Ouch-"

"What's wrong?"
Murong Ci asked with concern.

"I had diarrhea three times this morning...
I thought it was all right now, but unexpectedly..."
Qin Ruo begged miserably,

"This servant...may I go to the hut first..."

"Go. I'll go back to the East Palace first.
You go back later by yourself."

"Yes, Your Highness."
Qin Ruo bent down and ran away.

Murong Ci shook her head and laughed, returning to the East Palace by herself.

....

When turning to a secluded Palace road, she was startled by a cold wind that blew around her face.
A dazzling ray of silver light mixed with the bright sunlight suddenly shone from the distance.
The silver light pierced swiftly like a snake, aiming her chest and heart!

'An assassin!?'

In this scorching summer, with the dazzling sunlight pouring down from the sky, she was forced into a cold sweat by the silver light.
The assassin came abruptly.
If she hadn't possessed martial arts, I'm afraid she would have been successfully killed by the assassin.

She swiftly turned sideways to avoid the first attack.
The sharp silver light struck again and again, before she could even stabilize her body.

After flashing four times in a row, she did not make a move in response because she knew her assassin did not have any martial arts skills, but relied on brute force to try assassinating her.

This Palace road was relatively secluded, although there were guards who patrolled regularly, but at this time it was deserted and lonely, accompanied by the blazing sunlight.

The assassin made another fierce stabbing again!
Murong Ci didn't want to expose her martial arts, and dodged again, only defending without attacking.

The assassin was dressed in a crimson robe and seemed to be a servant!

Murong Ci reached out to grab the black cloth on the assassin's face, and the assassin seemed to be taken aback and waved fiercely—

The silver light flicked across the robe and the flesh and blood were torn apart.
With a pain in her left arm, Murong Ci stepped back quickly and saw four guards rushing forward, rushing to them, shouting:

"There is an assassin!
Protect His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince!"

The assassin saw four guards rushing over, and hurried away.
However, the assassin didn't run far and was surrounded by several guards on the other side, and was ultimately arrested.

Murong Ci ignored the wound on her left arm and stared at the assassin coldly,

"Tear off the black cloth on his face!"

The guard pulled it off, and from the assassin's face appeared a young servant with a clean face, red lips and white skin.
With two long swords resting on his neck, the assassin could not move, staring at her bitterly, without any fear.

'I remember this face....
Where have I seen it before?'

'Right! The Fengtian Temple!
He's Xiao Yin, one of the servants in charge of taking care of the Fengtian Temple!
The assassin is Xiao Yin!'

※※ (N.B.) Xiao Yin appeared briefly in Chapter 15 before.
He was the very first person to witness the 'Blood Jade from Heaven', which was the start of the whole arc. ※※

Murong Ci ordered:

"Bring him to the East Palace, and this Prince will interrogate him personally!"

....

————————————
END of CHAPTER 37 PART 2
.....................to be continued