Chapter 41 Part 3 - "Like a Candle, Like a Fire, Like a Flower"

....

The study room was brightly lit, Ruyi brought two cups of tea, and then stepped back.
This time, Murong Ci took the lead in occupying her own position, sitting in front of her study desk, and flipping through a book.

'However, how could she possibly concentrate on it with Murong Yu standing THERE...?'

After Murong Yu had drank his tea, he put aside the tea cup, and walked behind her—...
Behind the desk was a wall of bookshelves. Maybe he was looking for a book to read...

However she could not tolerate completely exposing her back to her opponent, and it was very tense.
So she felt like be sitting on the tip of a needle, restless and the seconds felt like hours, and the minutes like days and years.

"So...Prince Regent, Chang Qing didn't take care of Xiao Yin's body purification.
Did he merely neglect it, or did he do it deliberately?
So did you think Xiao Yin's background is suspicious?"
She found a topic to break the dull atmosphere, and attracted him to the front.

"Xiao Yin's life and background is indeed suspicious, perhaps not as simple as Chang Qing said."
Murong Yu held a book in his hand, with his long leg raised, sitting in the corner of the desk, facing her.

Murong Ci was so depressed that she almost cursed him in her mind...
Indeed, she finally managed to make him leave the bookshelf, but she didn't expect things to become like this, with him sitting so close to her.

She thoughtfully said:

"If Xiao Yin's life background is not like what we've been told, then Chang Qing has deliberately concealed it.
Is Chang Qing an accomplice?
Is Chang Qing involved in these mysteries, too?"

He stared at her condescendingly,

"There will be results soon."

In the warm red light of flickering candles, her Jade-like face was like clear snow, and her bright eyes were like the icy morning dew on lotus leaves in midsummer, crystal bright and clear.
He was fascinated, staring fixedly at those eyes that could illuminate the people's souls.

Murong Ci saw his eyes change, and as if being scalded by the flames, her cheeks became hot and she looked down in embarrassment.

'I remember that night, when I kissed him in the Qingyuan Hall and in front of the dragon couch...

I remember the dampness and heat, the entangled lips and the breath,

I remember that he held me tightly as if to melt in his arms and I couldn't help but feel relieved by that faint bloody aura,

I remember somehow my muscles and bones were soft, my whole body was hot and steaming...'

However, she soon woke up from those thoughts and stared at the words in the book.
Murong Yu found that her snow-white face, neck and ears were strangely changing,

'Like a candle swaying red, like a summer fire, like a beautiful summer flower, tempting people in a silent place...'

As he thought of this, his heart shook and he couldn't help himself.

At this time, the guards came back and reported:

"Prince Regent, Your Highness, Chang Qing was found dead, he died in his residence."

Murong Yu and Murong Ci looked at each other, and thought,

'What a coincidence!'

"Let's go and see."
Murong Yu immediately got up and walked out, and she hurried after him.

He wasn't used to sitting on his shoulders either, being carried in a carriage.
He always moved around in the Palace on foot.

However, as he rushed out of the East Palace, he suddenly stopped, thinking that there was His Highness following behind!

'Murong Ci is a woman, and her arm is injured too, so how can she catch up to this speed?'

Murong Ci finally caught up with him panting heavily, and before she could take one extra breathe, he grabbed her little hand and walked forward like a tornado.

....

————————————
END of CHAPTER 41 PART 3
.....................to be continued