Chapter 4.

"Altaïr."

Ivory's P.O.V

Just as I finished another successful (at least I thought it was) pickpocket, I heard a group of guards charging at me. 

I guess this new money got to wait. I shoved it into my pocket, and ran the opposite direction. I shoved past some citizens and dodged a few others, and then came across two pathways.

Looking through one, I could faintly make out a group of guards, so without a doubt in my mind I took off into the other pathway, looking behind me to see how close the guards were.

I could also see them shoving citizens and pushing them aside.

Gee, so much for "protecting" them.

I ran a sharp turn around a corner, and jumped up onto a cage filled with chickens, and climbed the wall above it. Once I reached a roof, I started running more freely, knowing the guards would take much longer to climb. Unfortunately, and to my surprise, I couldn't spot one hiding spot. Guess luck wasn't my thing anymore. so to find more hiding spots,  I jumped back down to ground and saw a small clearing with a tree in the middle. I hid behind, and tried to control my breaths so the guards wouldn't hear me. The grunts and noises they were making became louder as they came to the same clearing I was in. 

Now was just silence, as they grunted angrily and stormed off into the distance, mad they couldn't catch up to me. It was a dead end after all.

After what felt like a few minutes, I ran off, knowing damn well I just fooled a group of guards by running. As a little victory favor, I bought myself my favorite pastry, and walked off into a busy street.

Little did I know, someone was watching my every move and followed  me the entire way.

A/N: SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yk, schools a thing lol and sorry for the short chapter!!! Im trying to not make Altaïr or Ivory the main people of this book, so you'll see a lot of different circumstances that these characters fall into (some might have them being together!) if you don't like this idea, let me know!!! Thanks for reading! and being patient :)