Chapter 7.

It seems I have won again.

The robes Mualim gave me hugged my body perfectly. It was like it was custom made.

I took the weapons they gave me as well, which were perfectly carved with the creed's symbol.

At last, I took my most favorite, the hidden blade. Nothing could ever beat this blade, and I mean nothing.

Smiling to myself, I made my way back outside, and down the stairs. 

Then I saw him.

It was like fate kept bringing us together.

Of course that bloke Altaïr was Mualim's best assassin.

I mentally prepared myself to see how this interaction goes.

"Ah, the robes always seem to amuse me." Al said after seeing me.

When Altaïr saw me, I could tell he was also surprised, even though I couldn't see his eyes.

"Meet Altaïr, Ivory, this will be your mentor through assassinations." Mualim said, "He is my best assassin, but still is a novice himself as well. I figured you two would make great partners." 

"Excuse me master, I cannot work with—"

"No no, it will be alright, thank you master." I interrupted Altaïr's proposal.

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to talk about our...assassinations, Master, excuse us"

I grabbed Altaïr's wrist and dragged him towards the back of the castle. 

"What do you think you're doing! Are you mad?" Altaïr said after I loosened my grip.

"I'm sorry Altaïr, but Mualim cannot know we have met before" I whisper-shout while leaning in.

"And why is that?"

"I do not  want to spend any longer with you!", "So just please, you know the both of us won't have a choice of not working together, right? So why don't we act like we're strangers, so he doesn't do anything worse!"

Without letting anyone say another word, I walked back into the castle and went to the nearest room to get a breather. 

As much as I did not like Altaïr, we are partners in a mission that cannot be avoided, and I knew I wouldn't have a choice. 

Guess I'm stuck with the one person I don't wanna be stuck with.

hi! sry for the late posting again! hope y'all forgive me :) Have a great day ❤️