Chapter 8.

Guess I'm stuck with the one person I don't wanna be stuck with.

--:::------::------------------->◇<--------------------::------:::---

Few days later.

It was obvious Altair and I despised each other, no matter how hard I would attempt at acting as though we didn't know each other.

To my unluckiness, Mentor made us train together. I was beginning to regret my decision, almost to the point where I missed my old life. Altair would always find some way to annoy me, whether it was by stealing my weapons or by slightly shoving me. But we always had one thing in common;

Our hatred for each other. 

As much as I tried to stay professional, he always got on my nerves with his cocky remarks, which broke my personality. Something I can't help but admitting, though, is his skill. He had extreme swiftness when fighting, and could read you body language in a way where he was able to attack. He was no doubt better, and I could help but wonder why he wasn't a master assassin. In little time, we understood each other's fighting skills and were finally able to attempt our first assassination, Tamir. We were told to meet a brother in a bureau, which gave me little hope since I didn't have to spend my entire time with Altair.  I decided to sharpen all my weapons, and collect a bigger knives pouch. These would definitely be more helpful at killing those pesky guards on the roofs. As the day arrived, I picked up all my equipment and walked outside, where I knew my partner would be standing. 

His outfit seemed to look the same, as well his weapons.

"Didn't Master say for us to prepare?" I said, as I crossed my hands and emphasized on the "prepare".

"I did, you just don't see it." He had a slight smirk on his features. I scoffed and shoved past him, and walked towards our awaiting Mentor. We were given a few food pouches and words of advice before we parted our ways. As we left the Masyaf gates, I took a chance at nodding at the guards as a sort of goodbye.

We chose our horses, I of course chose Todi while he chose a grey and white one. The roads were rocky and every corner a group of guards appeared, which we outgalloped with ease. Altair and I didn't speak a word during our arrival, and I hoped it would stay that way. Few breaks were made along the way, but guards would attack us left and right. 

After what seemed like hours of the hot sun burning into our backs, Damascus faded into view.

A/N: heyy thought id post after a long time :)