Chapter 2.5

August 23rd 1955

Proper interaction

Proper interaction

××××××

IT WAS NO SECRET REGINALD HARGREEVES wasn't loving nor kind. he wasn't the upbeat, optimistic father that would play tea party with daughter but that didn't mean he cared not for her. By the time the child grew to be two he knew it was time to shut her out. And so he did.

Grace ignored this as he explained to her briefly the circumstances he was in. At first she was enraged but as time progressed and the Whitehead grew she saw him distance himself from not just the child but her as well. He didn't mean to but as long as Grace was with their or her daughter as the man had began saying, he couldn't be near them.

By the age of four Dolores had realised the absence of the man in the room.

"Mama?" She had called upon her mother one April morning in 1954. "Why is there a man in the room up the stairs and down the hall. Y'know the big fancy door that's always closed.?" She had pointed in the direction of Reginalds' office, the room he had cramped himself up in.

The words broke the mother's heart for the girl she was raising knew nothing of her own father be he her adopted one or not.

"Well." The blonde had began setting down her dish rag and settled herself in a chair with the snow white child atop of her knee. "That man is your daddy and he's very busy so it's best not to disturb him. Although being in there is no good for him." She muttered the last part to herself but the ankle biter heard.

She perked up with interest.
"Is the man...the daddy is he sick?" She asked tilting her head, her quisitive mind running in circles. Even at such a young age her mind buzzed, constantly wanting to know more.

Grace had chuckled at the question.
"No, nothing like that. Y'know what I think?" The women paused only adding suspense.

"That he's secretly an alien from Mars that's on a secret mission to save the earth one day? Or he's a vampire that has a fear of...tables and... leopards OH. And men named Leonard?!?!" The curtain climber quizzed excitedly.

There was a moment of silence but when the four year olds doe purple irises' stared seriously and eagerly into the blue of the women's a fit of laughter filled the room.

"My what an imagination you have doll. I was gonna say, I think he needs cookies." Grace claims, lifting the girl off her knee.

"Oh can they be chocolate chip? With extra EXTRA sprinkles?" The eager beaver the Hargreeves was raising gleamed with joy as she continued asking questions.