I'm Here

"

"...Kathy?"

Kathleen grumbles and rolls over on her side.

"Kathy, wake up."

"No."

"Come on, girl. I haven't seen you in twenty-four hours."

"Let me dream about my buttercup cupcakes!"

She rolls over to her other side and a loud smack is heard.

"What the hell?! Did you just slap me?!"

"...Huh?"

She slowly sits up, rubbing her eyes tiredly. When she opens her eyes to see Antonius holding his cheek while staring at her in disbelief.

"Oh, you're here."

"Oh, you're here? That's all you have to say?! You slapped me, Kathy!"

"Did I? Oops... Sorry about that. It doesn't happen often but whenever I don't get enough sleep and somebody tries to wake me up, they receive the palm of my hand." She tells him tiredly.

"Yeah, I can see that. Man, you're lucky that you're cute." He begins tickling her sides, causing her to giggle and the sounds of it bringing him joy. "Are you awake now? Huh? You awake?"

"Yes! Yes, I'm awake! Please stop!"

"Alright, alright." He laughs.

"Hi." She giggles.

"Hi right back. Now what's going on for you to be so tired?"

"Other than trying to save Elena's life?" She says with any annoyed tone.

"Ooh. Somebody sounds annoyed." He says with a grin.

"Don't get me wrong, She's my friend and I care for her but it's so tiring when so many people act like the world revolves around her. Even my cousin is acting like an idiot... Can I get one day when people aren't making it about her? I would just like one day filled with peace."

"Well..." He looks around in the flower field that they're in. "It's just us right now. We're in our own little world, remember? You can always come to me about your troubles. I got you, okay?"

"...Yeah, I know." She sighs. "It sucks that I can only see you in my dreams... If only you were real."

"What if I was real?"

"Hmm..." She puts on her thinking face while tapping her chin. "Then I give you a big hug and tell you how much I'm glad that you are here. But I also want you to make me buttercup cupcakes."

He laughs and lightly pinches her cheek. "I'll give you as many hugs as you want. And I will even make you a whole batch of buttercup cakes with whatever frosting and toppings you want."

"If you were to do that, you would make excellent boyfriend material."

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." He replies with a smirk and she giggles.

"In return, I'll make you honey muffins. And whenever you're feeling down, I'll add chocolate chips as a topping. How does that sound?"

"...Like you're excellent girlfriend material."

They both laugh and he pulls her close to him before falling back to the ground, making her lie on his chest.

"...This is nice." She mumbles before closing her eyes.

"Yeah... Yeah it is." He replies, gently rubbing her back.

"...Wake up, son."

He sighs. "Looks like my old man is waking me up... I have to go now, Kathy." When he doesn't get a reply, he looks down to see her fallen back asleep. He smiles and lightly kisses her forehead. "Sweet dreams." He whispers before closing his eyes.

"Little Prince? Open your eyes."

He slowly opens his eyes after feeling his father gently shaking his shoulder.

"Huh, dad?"

"We've arrived, my son. Welcome to Mystic Falls." Klaus glances at his son with a gentle smile before looking back at the road.

Antonius' eyes widened as he looks ahead of him, seeing them entering Mystic Falls.

"...I'm here, Kathy... I'm here." He whispers with a smile.

Like the banner? It's made by the same person who made the beautiful video for our other otp, ParkStar from Clarissa Forbes! Thank you to maddieswill0w!

Hope you all liked this short chapter! So yes! Our otp already know each other! I'm making this a little different from other soulmate stories. Antonius and Kathleen have been talking to each other in their dreams for some years. But Kathleen only believes he's part of her imagination... Just wait till she finds out he's actually real!

And allow me to clarify! Kathleen is not responsible for Klaus finding out about Elena, okay? Technically the Salvatore brothers are still the ones at fault for Katherine, Elijah and others for finding out her existence. So Elena and the brothers are still the ones bringing the supernatural drama into their lives. It will be explained a bit better later on!