No Valentine's and No Drama?

Poppy dismissed the fight between herself and Rosier quite easily. The boy didn't want it to get out that Poppy, a muggle-born Hufflepuff, broke his nose. Although, it was hard to tell since he went to Madam Pomfrey who fixed him up, but Poppy couldn't contain her amusement when she notices the slight crook in it. On the bright side, Sirius was finally talking to her again, but there was a lot of awkwardness and Poppy wasn't sure that she forgave him yet for attacking Nate.

However, today was February fourteenth, aka Valentine's Day. Poppy's never celebrated Valentine's Day, but she's never had anything against it. In her opinion, there was just a lot of pink and all the couples would be giddy. Poppy's never spent Valentine's with anyone, but then again, she doesn't celebrate holidays with anyone except with Fimmy or Ernie Prang. Although, everything was different now that she was friends with Charlie, Indi, and Sybill.

Indi was practically bouncing through the halls with an excited smile, although she turned down three boys who asked her to Hogsmeade and elected to spending it with Sybill. Sybill thought Valentines Day was fun, she can eat a ton of chocolate and couples like to come to her for some love fortunes. She keeps it to herself when the fortune's bad. Truth be told, it's only for some extra cash, which is usually spent on tarot cards and more chocolate. Poppy was a little shocked that Sybill was a bit of a hustler.

On another note, Charlie found Valentine's Day annoying. Turns out, a few girls had crushes on him and bombarded him, so he spent most of his day hiding in bathrooms and the Kitchen. It's something Lily and Charlie could relate to. Lily was hiding from James, which led to Charlie and Lily hiding in one of the bathrooms.

Now everyone's just wondering who would ask Poppy out?

Sirius Black or Nate Allen?

*✶⋆*★

         Poppy walks through the halls, a very large bouquet of red roses in her arms and her wand in her hand that makes an even larger pile of roses float behind her. People stare at her as Poppy hands out flowers to both the men and women in the halls. Everyone can't hold back their smiles as the pretty roses bring happiness to people's faces. The people who'd originally been lonely to spend Valentine's Day alone, were now grinning down at their own flowers.

Sirius grins from his seat as Poppy hands a rose that she used magic to turn red and gold to McGonagall, who smiles at the redhead. She gives all the teacher's a personally colored flower, bringing grins to their faces. Sirius recalls one of the things on her bucket list. Number twelve, give flowers to strangers.

Sirius' jaw clenches when he spots Nate Allen walking up to her and he can't help but run up to her too. Sirius and Nate meet in front of Poppy at the same time, standing side by side, throwing little glares at each other. "Hi, Poppy!" The greet in synch, making the flower giving girl look between them worriedly.

"Um, hey." She replies nervously as she takes a slow step backwards, wanting to escape an upcoming awkward conversation.

"Wanna go to-" "Would you be-" Nate and Sirius go off at the same time, talking fast. Poppy can't decipher either of them, making her glance around for anyone to help her.

She can't tell whether it's lucky that James Potter swings through the halls and pushes Sirius and Nate to check if Poppy's Lily. "Lily?" He questions, but sighs once he realizes it's not her.

He goes to run off and look for her more, but Poppy grabs his arm with a steel grip and pull him close to her. He makes a noise in surprise and confusion, but Poppy doesn't loosen her grip. "Sorry, guys, I'm going to Hogsmeade with James."