Stupid Closets and Sirius Snogging

2 Months Later

         "Lily Flower!" James Potter's voice rings through the Great Hall as he grins at Poppy's sister. She can see Lily shakes her head and put her face in her hands. "Will you be my date to the Halloween party?" Potter asks loudly, making a big public display. Halloween at Hogwarts is epic. People dress up, fun foods are served, and a party is hosted in the Room of Requirement. Even the teachers pretend not to hear about the "secret" party.

"How many times do I have to say it Potter?! I don't like you!" Lily spits the words in his face before grabbing her friends hands and rushing out of the Hall before she's more embarrassed. Poppy rolls her eyes, picking at her chicken on her plate.

"I get you one day, my love!" James calls out to the annoyed Lily. She scoffs, turning a corner and disappearing from view.

"What are you dressing up as for Halloween?" Charlie grins, showing off adorable dimples. Poppy brushes back a curl from his face.

"I didn't know we were going to dress up."

"Aren't you going to the party?" Charlie tilts his head, reminding her of a puppy.

"You're not going, so I'm not." Poppy looks down at her glass of fizzy water.

"Why not?" Charlie asks with false innocence.

"You know why not." Poppy ties her hair up with a scrunchie and Charlie sighs sadly.

"Just because I'm too young to go to the party doesn't mean you shouldn't go." Poppy opens her mouth to stop him, but he beats her to it. "I'll just spend time with Fimmy. We're great friends!"

Poppy looks down. "I know you are, but I'm not into stuff like that." She wrings her hands together and takes a small sip of her drink. Charlie sighs.

"Please!" He stalls out the word.

"Why?" Poppy asks curiously.

"You've never been to a party before." He lifts his eyebrows, daring her to say he's wrong.

"Yes I have." Charlie looks at Poppy shocked. "I've been to Lily's birthday parties." She smiles sheepishly at the curly haired first year. He rolls his eyes.

"You've been to eleven of her birthdays and you can't remember the last time you had a birthday." He throws his hands into the air. "You're twins!" Poppy pushes his arms down, not wanting to call attention.

"So?"

"So you're going." Charlie tells her.

"I'm not going."

*✶⋆*★

         Poppy stands outside the Room of Requirement in her crappy skeleton costume. (It's just a sweatshirt) She can hear the cheers of people at the Halloween party and her breathing increases. Her hands start to shake and her heart hammers in her ears. She pushes strands of hair behind her ears and leans against the wall.

The stone is cold against her cheek, soothing some anxiety, but doesn't erase her worries. Poppy's mind pulls in millions of different ways. Why are you here? What are you wearing? Will people stare at you? That's ridiculous, nobody ever sees you. Be quiet! You don't want anyone to hear your cries. Calm down! You could attract attention. People will make fun of you if they see you.

She squeezes her hands into balls to stop the frantic trembling and pushes back tears by looking at the ceiling. Watching the flames flicker and illuminate the hall slows Poppy's panic-stricken heart. Everything happens too fast, coming from no where. Poppy takes another deep breath.