A new normal

I opened my eyes and roll over to the other side of the bed. It's a new school year, and Hide is in college witch leaves me alone at lunch. I miss Kaneki a lot lately. When I would have nightmares, he would somehow know, and he would know what to say to calm me down. The nightmares are getting really bad. Juuzou and I visited Shinohara at the hospital. It seems like he still has no intention to tell anyone that I'm a ghoul; we haven't even talked about it. I'm not even sure what I want to. I haven't told Touka she would lose it; I know it. 

Touka-"Y/N hurry up. I'm walking with you." She knocked on my door.

Y/N-"What do you mean?" I asked as I put on my uniform.

Touka-"Your walking with Yoriko and me." I opened the door.

Y/N-"What! Why?" I asked her.

Touka-"Hide is gone. Plus, you said that you would help me study."

Y/N-"Touka, you're going to get made fun of." 

Touka-"I don't care, besides your the smartest in our grade, and you're also applying to the same school as me,  so we should spend more time together. Ok, now hurry up. You have 10." I do my usual hairstyle and brush my teeth. I walked downstairs and heard a cup break.

Enji-"Roma, we haven't even opened, and you broke a cup." I ran over to pick it up.

Roma-"Y/N! Don't pick it up with your bare hands. Let me help you." She grabs a dustpan and cleans it up. Touka then pulls me aside. 

Touka-"Yoriko is waiting outside. Let's go." 

Y/N-"Goodbye, everyone!" I waved at them and walked outside.

Yoriko-"So Y/N, what's your secret? Like how do you get such good grades?" She asked me as I looked at the clouds.

Y/N-"Good girl points." I said bluntly, and then I realized that I slipped.

Yoriko-"Excuse me, what?" She asked, concerned.

Touka-"Y/N, are you alright?." She whispered to me.

Y/N-" Sorry, madam, I mean mother was passionate about my education. So in some ways, you can say it was for my survival." Touka was in disbelief.

Yoriko-"Your parents are strict too?" She smiled at me, and I smiled back.

Yoriko was very nice to me, and she felt like a true friend to me. We had a great time during lunch, and I actually talked without Touka telling me to talk.  

------Library-----

Y/N-"Let me see those scores... I know a trick to help you remember the formula." I told them the trick.

Yoriko-"Whoa, that's a cool trick." 

Touka-"Hey, I get it now, thanks, Y/N."

Yoriko-"Y/N with your brain, you can go to any school that you want. Where do you want to go?"

Y/N-"Kamii University." 

Yoriko-"Hey, same as Touka! What made you want to go?"

Y/N-"That was always my goal; in some ways, I still want... mother to be proud." We heard a knock at the window. It was Juuzou. I got up and ran outside.

Yoriko-"Umm, who is he?" 

Touka-"That would be her boyfriend." I jumped into Juuzou's arms.

Y/N-"Juuzou! We don't have a date until Friday. What are you doing here so early?" I asked him.

Juuzou-"I wanted to see you and possibly meet your friends." I went silent. "Is one of them a ghoul?" I node into his chest. "Ok, that's fine. I can barely see them anyway."