Pick a side

There were two black cars that always carried VIP agents. Kaneki looked surprised that the Owl wanted to see him. I can't help but think that he's hiding something from me. The man and women told us to wait while they updated Armia and made sure the cars were ready. The guard that profiled me was gone.

Kaneki-" Your eye is back to 'normal' now. So what ticked you off? I mean, you have incredible control over it unless your caught off guard or numb." He said with curiosity. I turned to him slowly.

Y/N-"Question when did you come back? Well more like what got you back?" He let out a little laugh with his eyes closed.

Kaneki-"I was waiting for that question to come up. I also thought our reunion would have been, you know, emotional. You did consider me like family at one point."

Y/N-"You still are. It's been so long that I have no idea what to say or do. I spent years with someone with your voice, eyes, and body, but it wasn't you." I opened my phone starred at my home screen with a picture of Juuzo and me in pajamas holding up a peace sign. 

Kaneki-"I understand. I missed a lot. Your wedding, for example. I watched it all, and I couldn't say what I wanted to say. And I saw another person call you family while you drifted  away from me kept your distance." His eyes looked empty; I could tell that he was hurt.

Y/N-" I didn't think that you were still in there." his face went soft, and his pure white hair covered his eyes.

Kaneki-"Thanks for keeping me in your sights." He walked over to me, closed his eyes, and gave me a head pat. "I'm proud of you, sis." and just like that, I felt like I was back at Anteiku getting ready to go to school and right after a date with Juuzo.

Women-"The cars are ready." She gestured us to the cars.

Kaneki-"For a moment, I thought we were back at Anteiku... Well, let's get going."His hand was still on my head. He then slowly took his hand away. 

Once I arrived at the hospital, I was escorted up to Shinohar's room Juuzo wasn't there. The flowers were changed, and more paper airplanes on the desk and Juuzo's briefcase was there. I sat across from Shinohara. I still had hopes that he would wake up.  My heart then sank when I remembered Ihei was gone, my big sister gone. A couple of tears escaped, I had to pull myself together. 

The door opened, and Juuzo was holding so many snacks that were about to fall out of his arms he had a lollypop in his mouth. His black hair almost hit the candy plie. He gave me a big smile, but once he saw my red eyes and tears, he dropped everything and ran to comfort me. I just let out a few more tears as Juuzo held me softly, patting my head, telling me that I'm safe. When I would cry like this, he never pries for an answer. He would wait till I was ready to talk.

In his arms, I heard his heartbeat and helped to ground me. I felt like a crybaby. Have I cried too much? Or have I been too strong for too long that I finally broke? 

An hour later

Juuzo-"I'm sorry, Y/N she was like a sister to me too. Here I got you your favorite bread. I thought I still had more time before you would arrive. I wanted to be in here when you arrived." He still held me. I wasn't crying anymore; I just wanted to feel safe in his arms. 

Y/N-"I hate this job so much sometimes seeing friends family die and all in the name for protecting humans even though ghouls has the same feelings as humans do there just trying to survive." 

Juuzo-" The world is too unfair. One day I promise this world will be safe for everyone." He kissed the top of my forehead. 

One week later 

The Owl or Eto was in the custody of the CCG, and Hinami didn't have enough time left. I was now with the Juuzo squad, and Juuzo and I have sent in an application to adopt and have started to buy things for our future child. During that week, I met up with Touka.

Touka-"A baby? You'd make a great mother, your kind caring, and a bit crazy at times." She gently poured me a cup of coffee and slid it over to me. The cafe was empty. It was just Touka and me.

Y/N-"Hey." The warmth of the coffee made my nose run.

Touka-"You used to tightrope walk on the sides of a bridge wall. And you would inflict pain to yourself by picking up glass with your bare hands."

Y/N-"I can't feel pain. Ahh, too hot, too hot." The coffee burned my tounge.

Touka-"Not to everything." We laughed and talked for a few more hours till Ayato burst through the door.

Ayato-"What's this human lover doing here! The whole plan can go to shit because of her!" He gave me a look of disgust.

Touka-"She's my friend Ayato. Apologize to her!" He rolled his eyes and started to walk away, then Touka grabbed his arm. "I said apologize." 

Y/N-"No, It's fine. I have to go home anyway. It's date night. Say hi to Yomo and Nishiki for me" I got my things together and headed for the door.

Ayato-"You claim that you care for them... For us, the ghouls but one day you'll have to pick a side, us or your humans. You know first hand how life is for us running away from the Doves things, which we can't control. You love Hinami. Like a sister? Well, help her escape! Dammit, I want to hold her again!" He started to go into hysteria and walk closer and closer to me.

Touka-"Thats enough, Ayato!"

Ayato-"Your husband is crazy; you know he's killed more of my friends more than I can count. How can you stand by!" Touka pulled him closer to him and covered his mouth.

Touka-"I said to stop" Fear set into me. Even though Touka had him under control, I was still scared his scent was filled with pure and utter rage.

Ayato-"One more thing. One day he's going to go after us, and you will have to choose. Stau by his side or leave him to save us."

One month later

Miyuki-"Ooo, Arima, how do you feel that you're going to be a grandpa?" Arima took a sip of coffee and smiled.

Arima-"Great, honestly, I'm excited." Juuzo and I walked together into the office room, handing out invitations to a "baby shower."

Y/N-"Since I'm not going to give birth to an actual child, and we know that It's too soon to know if we qualify for a child."

Abara-"Witch you will." He said in support.

Juuzo-"We're going to have a "baby shower." He said as he jumped around till he made his way next to me.

Armia-"This is a smart idea." Then we heard an alarm.

Mans's voice-"There has been a breached in the jail cells all CCG agents report." 

Juuzo-"I'm taking the Joker." He held my hand softly, not wanting to let go.

-----End of chapter----

The next chapter "Class reunion"