A wedding

I made my way to find Juuzo. A Furuta could be heard laughing like a maniac as if he expected me to threaten him with my Kagune and to walk out in a rage. I can't believe that Uta would go that low, making him look him look like Shinohara. The pure and utter rage I felt the number of times that I gave him a heads up when the DOVES were hot on his tail the times I let him go, and this is how he repays me by traumatizing my husband the next time I see I him I'll kill him. 

I was stomping down the hall, and my fist clenched as agents made room for me. My ghoul's eye was out, and I had a thirst for revenge, and everyone around me knew. I can't remember the last time I felt this kind of anger. My fingers wrapped around the golden doorknob. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinched hard that jolted the person touching me.

Ui-"Y-y/n, are you ok." I turned my head around and saw a fearful Ui. He wasn't scared for himself but for me, worried that I wasn't doing alright. I looked around and realized I was at Arima's office door. I gently let go of the doorknob, and my ghoul's eye was now normal. I then rested my head on the door. 

Y/N-"God, I miss him..." I never thought I would miss a person this much I only ever miss Juuzo that much. My chest hurts, I feel trapped, and I feel alone. This was the exact pain that I felt for years after Juuzo, and I lost each other the only difference is that I can never get Arima back there's no hope.

Ui-"You know that I'm not for drama, but people have been talking and saying that you threatened Furuta with your kagune. I recommend you lay low now than ever since Arima isn't here. People are going to be more vocal about how they feel about you." I turned over my back, facing the door.

Y/N-"Man, word spreads fast... I'll be ok, Ui. I survived in a ghoul world when I thought I was a human my whole life with ghouls at my neck, thinking the white reaper was there with his guard down so I can handle a bunch of humans who looks down at a criminal like me." 

Ui-"You're not a criminal, Y/N" He scoffed and played with his box of cigarettes.

Y/N-"My ledger is red Ui and not from ghouls but humans. I found a thirst for the hunt. The scent of fear that humans give was intoxicating. I only got away with it all because of Arima and saying that I had no choice and I did it to survive." I hid my face with my hair and slid down the door till I sat on the floor. "I was, and still I'm a terrible person." 

Ui-"Your not. You didn't know that you could survive on human food. It wasn't your fault."  I chuckled a little as he joined me on the floor.

Y/N-"Sure, I didn't know, but if I did, then I wonder, would I have done the same thing. Well, sorry to bore you with my trauma, but I have to see my husband." I stood up and tied my hair back.

Ui-"You are a good person Y/N because if you weren't, you wouldn't make an effort to change." He turned to watch me walk down the hall and pulled out a cigarette.

Y/N-"Tough pill to swallow. I only changed for Juuzo, something that the agency seems to forget. I care about people here, don't get me wrong, I'm just tired of fitting into a role that makes humans feel safe around me. I'll see you later."  I waved goodbye. 

The pitter-patter of my footstep echoed in the hall as other agents whispered about my lash out with Furuta. Of course, he twisted the story. And that means I'm not going to be allowed to attend the ceremony today. I pulled at my lip from nerves; all I wanted to do was punch Uta. We made a deal. I cover his ass, and he leaves my family alone. Well, what's left of it. As I got to the door, I could smell Juuzo. I hope no one told him about my lash-out yet. 

I opened the heavy, metal doors.  A rush of cold air hit my face agents were trying to get information about the clown incident, and right behind the glass doors were news reports waiting for a statement. Today was a loss for CCG. Can humans trust them now? I scanned the room around for the black-haired man that I so desperately love.