Engaged

A year had passed, and I hit my head during an intense fight on my last mission. Today was my day off, and due to Juuzo begging me to try and give Haise a chance, I agreed to grab a coffee with him. I wore black ripped jeans, with a white shirt and a black cardigan. For shoes, I had white combat boots. I even wore a black bennie that Haise bought me for I forget the reason. I put on my giraffe neckless and my charm bracelet. I looked at each of the charms and closed my eyes. I imagined Irimi's big smile when I saw her charm (the charm that gave me was a black dog), then I remembered. Enji pride, when he helped me put on the bracelet (his charm was an Ape.) Yomo was embarrassed that the charm he gave me witch was a bow. He thought it didn't fit the theme. Touka gave me a butterfly and told me, "one day, you'll fly free like a butterfly." Nishiki, later on, gave me one, and that was glasses. Yoshimura gives me a teacup. Hinami gave me a book charm, and Kaneki gave me a star. I remember Armia telling me he would buy me a new one, but I couldn't replace it. Eventually, Juuzo gave me a heart charm, and that completed my bracelet.

Juuzo-"Y/N, did you hear me?" He tilts his head.

Y/N-"No, I'm sorry I was lost in thought." I scratched my head.

Juuzo-"You're fine. I said that I'd make dinner tonight so you can rest."

Y/N-"I'm fully healed, Juuzo. I'm fine." He gave me a head pat.

Juuzo-"I know, but I'm still worried. I thought you would end up in a comma. So I'm going to meet with Armia so if I'm not home, don't panic. Also, don't forget about the meeting with Abara and the rest of the squad next week."

Y/N-"Hold up back up. Why are you meeting with Armia?" I asked him, concerned as I grabbed my purse.

Juuzo-"No reason, love." He smiled and kissed my lips as Haise rang the doorbell.

Haise-"Good morning!" 

We made small talk as we walked to the cafe.

Haise-"I love your charm bracelet!" He said cheerfully. "Who gave it to you?"

Y/N-"My family..." I said proudly.

Haise-"I'm sorry... I read your file; I should have kept my mouth shut." He said as he facepalms into his hand in embarrassment.

Y/N-"Don't be. I love talking about them." He smiled at me, and for a moment, I saw Kaneki smile. 

Haise-"And we're here!" He pints into a small coffee shop. I took a deep breath and smelled Touka and Yomo. I tried to show no emotion. The cafe smelled just like home.

Y/N-"What's the name of this place?" I asked as Haise opened the door for me.

Haise-"Re:!"

Yomo-"Welcome-" He closed his eyes and smiled. It took everything not to jump over the counter and hug him. I couldn't believe he was here.

Heise-"Thank you, sir... here Y/N, let's sit." It was next to a long bookshelf.

Touka-"Hi, what can I-" She smiled wide at me looked like she was about to cry.

Heise-"A-are you ok?" He sounded generally worried. Touka wiped her tears away.

Touka-"Yes, just allergies. What can I get for you two?"

---Meanwhile, with Juuzo----

Armia-"Alright, Juuzo, what's do you need?" He said as he sat in a chair.

Juuzo-"I'm planning on proposing to Y/N. Not tomorrow but in three years." I said confidently.

Armia-"Why are you telling me this now?" He raised an eyebrow.