Chapter 1

I don't unpack my trunk anymore. The first summer I was back at number four Privet Drive, I unpacked everything in the most careful manner. My robes pressed and hung on the pipe in Harry and I's room. My books lining the wall on the ground, alphabetized. I would read one a night to remind myself it hadn't been a dream. Three years, however, made me realize that if I unpacked, it would take longer to leave whenever the opportunity arrived.

Harry received a letter from our friend, Ron Weasley, telling him that his father, Arthur, had gotten tickets to the Quidditch World Cup, and we were invited. I got the same letter from George Weasley not ten minutes later. Suffice to say, we were excited. We were both on the Quidditch Team at Hogwarts. Harry is a Seeker while I am a Chaser. Ireland vs. Bulgaria. The Weasleys were going to pick us up the night before the match via the Floo System. I was dreading that just a little. Harry first tried it our second year and was whisked off to another street. Losing him for any length of time always worries me.

Anyway, I told my aunt and uncle of our plans. They had the fireplace boarded up since our Hogwarts Letters incident, so I asked nicely if they could take the boards away. Uncle Vernon just laughed and went back to watching TV. So much for that. The time was coming for the clan of redheads to arrive. Harry and I sat at the end of the staircase with our trunks and owl cages at our feet. Sam and Hedwig weren't allowed out more than once a week when we were at the Dursleys. Animal cruelty if you ask me. "Don't just go straight for George this time." Harry teased, pulling me out of the thoughts of cursing my family.

I rolled my eyes, shoving my brother in the shoulder. "I do not always-" He cut me off with a look. Okay. So maybe I do. I can't help it. Not only is George one of my best friends, I have had a pathetic crush on him since my second year. "Shut up, Harry." I grumbled.

His laugh was cut off from rattling in our fireplace. Right on time. We gathered our things, moving past our uncle in the living room to get closer. "Rather dark, isn't it?" A muffled voice came from inside.

"You're on my foot, George!"

"Ronald, your elbow better get out of my side."

Boom!

The boards blasted forward, successfully freeing the fireplace. Mr. Weasley, Ron, Fred, and George all tumbled out, coughing and laughing. The twins shoving each other and dusting themselves off. "What is this madness?" Uncle Vernon stuttered as he stared at the Weasleys. The most horrific expression on his face. It was hilarious. "Who are you?"

Mr. Weasley stepped forward. "Arthur Weasley. Hello, muggle. What a lovely home you have. Now, may I ask, why is your fireplace boarded up? How do you get warm?" While Mr. Weasley was badgering my uncle, the twins and Ron rushed to my brother and I.

"Alex." George said with a large grin, pulling me into a hug. I happily returned it, ignoring my brother's raised eyebrows to my left.

When we parted, I gave him a once over. His hair was longer now, down around his shoulders. He even grew a couple inches. But he was still George. "I cannot believe Ron told us about this before you." I laughed. "In all our letters, you couldn't have beaten your little brother?"

Ron protested about being called little, but Harry engaged him in a quick conversation. "Dad asked Ron first if you and Harry-"

"Wanted to come along." I was used to Fred and George starting and finishing each other's sentences. My own twin and I did it often enough. A clang came from behind us, and everyone turned to see my cousin, Dudley, gaping at the mess of his living room. 

"Who is this?" The twins said in unison.

"I-I-" Dudley shook his head and took a step back.

Fred and George walked closer to him, pulling out a piece of candy. "You look hungry, lad."

"Care for a bite?"

I gently grabbed my brother's arm to shove him towards the fireplace. Accepting anything from Fred and George was just asking for trouble. Mr. Weasley noticed that too, so he gave Ron and Harry some Floo Powder, and they erupted in flames back to the Burrow. However, no one was paying attention because Dudley's tongue was growing fatter and longer out of his mouth. "That's getting some good length, boys." Mr. Weasley said, a hint of pride in his voice. "Come along."

"My son!" Aunt Petunia wrapped her arms around Dudley, practically wailing as his tongue continued to grow.

Uncle Vernon turned on the twins. "Fix him!"

They shrugged. "It'll take a few hours. Owl Alex when it goes down. We don't have an exact time length for it yet. We want that ironed out." George laughed.

"Good luck!" Fred added.

Mr. Weasley handed me some Floo Powder and sent me on my way with my family yelling in the background. It didn't take any concentration at all to bring myself to the Burrow. A home for anyone who needed it. Harry and I desperately did. When I collapsed in the sitting room, hands immediately lifted me up. "Alex." Mrs. Weasley said with a bright smile. She was the kindest woman I have ever met, and I will be forever grateful that she allowed my brother and I into our home.

"Mrs. Weasley!" I gave her a tight hug that she returned.

"My, my dear. You are skin and bones." She commented, cupping my cheeks as we parted. She wiped at my cheekbones, thumbs a little dirty now with soot. "There is a bed all set up for you in Ginny's room. You can go on and set your things there. I have fresh robes, quills, ink, parchment, and your books for you there."

I wanted to start protesting that she bought me things, but her look told me I shouldn't argue. Another hug. "Thank you, Mrs. Weasley." I would pay her back as soon as I got back to Gringotts.

Ginny's room was small, as were most of the rooms at the Burrow, but she always was able to fit two more beds inside for Hermione and myself. The youngest Weasley sat atop her bed when I walked inside. "Hey!" She leaped off. We hugged.

She was only a year younger than me, and I loved her dearly. Really, there weren't any Weasleys I didn't love. They were a family I never saw growing up. "Hey, Gin! What are you up to in the quiet?" The Burrow was hardly ever quiet, but it was just the girls for a little bit. A bit of peace for them both, I'm sure.

Ginny brought me over to her bed where bits of clothing were thrown over the sheets. "I'm looking for an outfit for tomorrow. Irish, of course. But I have so much green because of the Harpies." The Holyhead Harpies. Quidditch's only female filled team, with green as one of their prominent colors. It was Ginny's favorite team. I sat down on the bed and began helping her narrow down her choices. It felt great to be back.