Chapter 7

"Goodbye!" Mrs. Weasley called to us from the Platform. It was that time of year again. September 1st. The day we all go back to school, and a day I look forward to the second I get off the train at Kings Cross. I waved to the Weasley parents from the compartment I shared with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. It was more often than not that I rode with them, but there were the rare occasions that Fred and George came to steal me for twenty minutes or so. I think it would just make sense for us all to sit together if I'm being honest.

I collapsed beside Ron, sighing heavily. "This summer dragged, didn't it?" I asked no one in particular.

Hermione nodded from across the compartment. Her head was buried in the Daily Prophet. The Dark Mark moved on the cover, and I absentmindedly scratched at my scar. The silence of our group was broken by the voice of the trolley woman. 

I dug around in my pockets for a few Galleons and met her at the door. "Anything from the trolley, dears?" Listen, she was one of the first nice people I had met coming into this magical world. I had a little soft spot for her. 

"I'll take two Chocolate Frogs and three licorice wands, please."

"Here you are, Miss Potter." We exchanged goods for money, and I thanked her before letting Ron past me for his turn.

When Harry and Ron sat back down, I handed them my extra snacks. I only wanted one of each for myself. Harry never buys anything, and Ron doesn't always have the money for what he wants. Ron sent me a sheepish smile but accepted the wand. 

I settled back in my seat again. "This is horrible," Hermione stated. I glanced back at the paper. "How can the Ministry not know who conjured it?" She asked in disbelief. Crookshanks climbed into my lap, so I lazily stroked his fur. "Wasn't there security?" Hermione would've kept going, but Ron stopped her.

"Loads. According to Dad anyway. That's what worried them so much. It happened right under their noses," Ron exclaimed with food in his mouth. I subconsciously rubbed my scar again. It helps with the aching that's been happening as of late. Looking over at Harry, I noticed him doing the same thing. 

Hermione looked at both of us, one after the other. "It's hurting again. Your scars." She didn't have to phrase it as a question. We all knew that was useless.

"It's fine Hermione. We're okay." 

"You know Sirius will want to know about this. What you saw at the Cup and the dream." Hermione told Harry. 

I had almost forgotten that Harry was having a nightmare at the same time I was the night before the World Cup. "Harry? What was your dream?" I asked. He explained what he saw, and it was my dream exactly. "Write to him." If we shared a dream about Voldemort, that had to mean something. "And ask him for Professor Lupin's owl please." 

It wasn't long before we pulled into the train station. The thrill of excitement I had wasn't lessened throughout the years. It was the same beautiful sight that just never got old. The train stopped and Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I piled into one of the self-pulling carriages. Students gathered in one of the halls to see flying horses pulling an elaborate carriage. In the Black Lake, a huge ship rose out of the water.

"Well that's something you don't see everyday!" George exclaimed, coming up behind me. I walked to The Great Hall, sitting between George and Fred with my brother and other friends across from us. 

After the sorting, Professor Dumbledore rose from his seat in the middle of the teachers' table. "Now that we're all settled in and sorted." He said in a loud voice to be heard over everyone. "I'd like to make an announcement." Filch then burst through the door. He pranced to Dumbledore while he was still talking. "This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special quests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..." The news was cut off by Filch. They mumbled a bit to each other, and Filch scurried off. "So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament." George and Fred looked at me. Mischievous grins on their faces.