IX

|Combust|

__

Seungkwan placed his hands on the floor, he could feel his palms start to heat up, and smell the wood of the floor begin to burn. His body was on fire.

Almost literally.

He had never felt this way before. Such a burning passion should be punishable by death, yet he was feeling it. Vernon's words seemed to cut deep in him.

Why he was sure what this feeling was pulsing through him. Was this anger? No, he knew how it felt to be blazing with infuriation.

But it felt like it might have been. His heart was speeding in his chest. He could hear it thumping around in there. Louder and louder. His breath was hot and steamy, he could feel it leaving his lips.

Perhaps maybe. Seungkwan put his hand to his chest and closed his eyes. Maybe he was turned on? This feeling was definitely similar to a form of arousal except there was something slightly off.

He felt a bit... nervous and as the king of lust, there was no way that could be possible in his realm.

Regardless. It felt dangerous. Maybe there was something Vernon was doing to him that he was unaware of? Perhaps a new trick like the last one with the ring.

Of course Vernon had prepared such a thing prior to their meeting. He just hadn't known it'd be Seungkwan who would be the sin, but the sin could be anywhere and to tame a sin you had to suppress it in some manner. Of course the ring was not enough for such a heavy task like Lust though.

Yes that must have been it. He plans to do something like that again. In another attempt to tame me. Seungkwan lifted himself forward and sighed a bit.

I can't believe such foolish words anyway.

Celestial... divine... there is no way.

No sin has ever turned into one of God's bounded lovers. Who would?

I'm just fine with the position I have now. What other sinful being can say they control the human realm? The good man Lucifer is generous too.

Shall I never abondon his name again.

I should quickly turn this human down. Let him know his efforts are for nothing.

"You're a fool." Seungkwan let out, his eyes at the floor. His heart seeming to get louder when he spoke. The nerves suddenly kicking again.

"I know I am a fool, I am foolish!" Vernon cried, he watched Seungkwan wiggle himself slowly up. "But can I not have faith?"

"Faith? For what? Your words are untruthful and naive," Seungkwan told. He could hear his heart begin to scream at him, telling him something.

"Wait no! Even if you think my words are foolish, I never lied! You would know if I lied wouldn't you?"  Vernon exclaimed. He smacked his hands on the wooden floor. He had fully healed.