II

|Jack in the Box|

__

"Here, my lord," A young man with pitch-black hair dressed in a purple silk robe bowed his head down with respect, whilst holding out a long sharp sword on the palm of his hands.

"Come on now Joshua, don't tease me," a deeper voice shadow the other's softer one, as their hand reached out and took the sword by its handle, "A lord I am not, right now all I am is Vernon and I will continue to to be Vernon for the rest of our lives."

"But very soon you'll be a king, I mean you're basically a prince right now," Joshua said, pushing his hands together as the two walked down the wide glass white hall side by side, "I really can't believe you defeated all six sins."

"Shh," Vernon pushed his finger to his lips to quiet the boy's rambling, "No one shall know of this, if the prince found out I was trying to take his place he'd have my head."

"Like hell, I'll zap him off this damned earth before he has the chance," Joshua told, pushing his hand out of his sleeve flicking his index finger out, a small red light shot out the tip of his finger as he squinted his eyes as if aiming his handgun.

"Oh, so now you can make light?" Vernon gasped excitedly leaning down to examine the red light beaming out of his finger to the wall at the end of the hallway.

"Yes, I learned it from my uncle," Joshua nodded making a check mark with his thumb and index before placing his chin in the gap and winking at the taller boy.

"Good, good well done-" Vernon tumbled back a bit at the forceful impact he felt hit against his chest.

His eyes stumbled around the floor before he laid eyes on the person, better yet boy, who had bumped into him.

The boy had a unique color of hair, navy, and was wearing the official black servant clothing for the castle.

"Awe, I'm terribly sorry sir," the boy cried out grabbing napkins from his tray that had fallen on the floor, before getting to his knees and starting to wipe at the wet tea stain on Vernon's pant thigh.

"Hey now, it's alright," Vernon calmed the boy, kneeling down and taking the boy's worried hands in his.

The boy looked up and Vernon's eyes widen as soon as they locked with his.

What's this?

My heart feels tight all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry sir, I really am," The boy tilted his head, his sharp eyes didn't leave Vernon's, not even for a single moment, "I'm such a clutz."