The story teller

Part-1
Mirtunjay's  Pov

The rain poured heavily with the stormy wind making a thunderous sound. I stood calmly by my room's large window with a cup of tea in my left hand, gazing outside. The small droplets of rain-spattered drumming against the glass window when the wind changed its direction now and then... I slowly sipped the hot tea and observed the view of nature outside, intently.

Abruptly, my peace was interrupted by the loud vibration of my phone on the table. I casually walked and grabbed the phone, and checked the message sent by my P.A. Arya Sharan.

"Congratulations Sir! All copies Sold!" He texted.

I replied to his message with a thank you and walked to my kitchen to place the cup in the sink.

Suddenly one more message appeared but it wasn't my P.A., instead it was my mom. Before I could open the message her video call rang, loudly.

"Hello, Mom.," I said.

"When are— oh my god Mir! When did you get glasses!?! I have told you so many times don't work at night! When will you listen to me?!" She scolded me.

I chuckled as she was worrying about nothing.
"Relax mom, I am Fine. How are you? And dad?" I asked with a smile.

"Everyone is Fine...your P.A just texted us, saying that your books are all sold! Congrats dear—I and your dad, are so proud of you dear! God bless you!"

"Thanks, mom! Where's dad?" I asked. The smile on her face vanished and an unknown expression took place.

"Mom.. mom..where's dad? Is everything alright?!" I asked panicking a little.

"Your dad has gone to visit his childhood friend Mr. Kumar's. As he's wasn't feeling well."
"Mr. Kumar?" I asked confusedly.
"Yes, do you remember Sunil-uncle?"

"Yes, Who used to bring chocolate and candies for me?..."

"The very same one, his full name is Mr. Sunil Kumar." She replied. "When are you coming home, dear? We live in the same city and yet you don't come to visit us often." She said after a steady pause.

"Mom...I will come...very soon!"

"You said this last time also, and you didn't come!" She replied.

"I am sorry—how about I come this weekend for dinner?"

"Are you sure?"

"I am. Umm, mom, I gotta go, Arya is calling me...I will call you later... bye mom." I said hurriedly and she nodded understandably with a quick goodbye.

"Yes, Arya, anything important?" I asked him while pacing back and forth.

"Sir! I called you to asked about the updates of the book-fair events...we have to announce the date of that event ASAP! We have received a ton of your fan mails asking when are you coming to their city, for a book event tour!" He said.

"Umm okay, why don't I come office tomorrow and tell you the dates then?" I sat on the sofa in my living room, comfortably. "Also I would like to discuss new ideas about my upcoming book release event."

"Of course-sir, and once again congratulations on your success!" He said in a formal tone.

"Thanks again." With that, I ended the call.

A few weeks later...

I texted mom a thousand of apologies over the last two weeks because she's not talking to me. After all, It was my fault that I promised her one dinner and couldn't fulfill the promise!