Mrs Singh

Ishani's Pov.

I woke up, rubbing my eyes, his hand were encircled around my waist as his body laced with mine.

His jet black hair was tousled messily, I slowly raked my fingers through his silky hair but he caught my hand and brought closer to his lips, planting a peck on it. "Good morning.." I smiled.

"Good morning..." he opened his eyes, in the sunlight his eyes looked even more green than ever.

"Mir...let me go..." I struggled to remove his hold around me and instantly he pulled me closer to his chest, my back pressing against him. His bodyheat radiating on my skin, which tingled through me, giving me glimpses of the last night.
I turned to my husband and he stared at me lovingly. "Aren't you forgetting something?" He said in husky voice.

'No no it can't be!' I closed my eyes, instantly happiness filled in my heart.

"Happy First wedding anniversary, wifey!" He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Happy first anniversary, my dear hubby!"

"I can't believe that it's has been a year!" He said happily, looking deeply into my eyes.

"There was time when you didn't want to get married to me, at first place...remember?" I teased him, and wrapped the bedsheet around me walking towards the closet.

"I know I was stupid back then...but I am glad that I got married to you anyway!"

"Back then?!" I emphasized on his words and his face turned to me, challengingly.

"Open the door!" He knocked the bathroom door profusely, after I latched it from inside, running from him.
"How dare you to call me stupid?!" He yelled, and I laughed wholeheartedly at his childish behaviour.

"I didn't call you stupid...you did it yourself!"

"Oh really, sooner or later you'll come out and then I'll teach a lesson!" He said marching away from the door.

After getting ready in a green sari, I slowly tip-toed to the kitchen and started preparing the breakfast. Out of nowhere he came from behind, and encircled his hands around me.

"Caught you!" He startled me and my heart leaped a beat.

"You scared me!—God!Mirtunjay!" I slapped his arm and he chuckled playfully.

"This is for calling me stupid!"

"I didn't call you stupid—

"—Watch your words Mrs. Singh!" He said sternly.

"Okay fine!" I said after a pause.

"Now hel— I stopped in midway remembering last time when I asked his help in kitchen he ended up getting hurt and the mere thought him getting hurt made me afraid.

"—help you?" He raised a brow with a knowing smile.

"No!— I mean, I'll handle it. You can go and do something else!" I immediately spoke changing the topic. He nodded in a disbelief, touching his forehead

"Ishu...my love...I am a grown-ass-man..I am freaking 30! And I can handle things in kitchen now...when you weren't here...I didn't order food from outside, instead I learned it online—from watching videos..because I realized that cooking is an important basic skill that everyone should know...unless and of course depending on the circumstances." He said.  "So you just order me...and I am ready at your service madam!"

"In that case, then please help me to make the breakfast..." I smiled.

After cooking the breakfast, we both brought the food at the dinning table and ate it.