Writer's wife

Ishani's pov.

I shouldn't be worried about him, not even a bit! But at the same time, I was worried about him!

I placed the kettle on the stove and prepared some tea. And poured two cups of tea, one for me and one for him.

"Mr. Singh...?" I softly knocked on his door before entering the room. He turned his chair toward me and removed his glasses, placing them on the table.

"Why are you standing there? Please come in." He said motioning with his hand.

"I just came to give you this.." I said placing the cup on the table and before I turned to leave.

"Wait..." My feet stopped at his command.

"Umm...Thank you..and if you don't mind can you sit with me..for the tea?"

Without saying anything I took a seat beside him, he smiled softly looking at me. I rolled my eyes at him, if he thinks I am not angry with him then he's wrong.

"Radhi will be here by noon," he said sipping the tea.

Placing the cup on the table he started to type something on the laptop. I wondered what he was writing but then thought I shouldn't pry.

"What do you think about this?" He said facing the laptop towards me. For a minute I wasn't sure if he was serious but when he didn't react I started to read his draft.

I blinked when I couldn't focus on some words, as his eyes were fixed at me, intently, was making me nervous. " I think i-its very interesting.." that was all it came out of my mouth.

"Interesting? It's okay if you don't want to give me your honest feedback!" He laughed letting his head fall back. A smile slowly formed on my lips watching him laugh so carelessly.

"You can smile?! Oh my god! You are smiling!"

"No, seriously! You look so good and beautiful while smiling...it suits you!" He said with a wide smile.

"Thank you..." I nodded with a shy smile.

During the noon, Radhi arrived and we all had lunch together and after that, I showed her around the house.

"This is your room...and if you need anything just tell me I am downstairs," I said.

"Okay, di." She replied with a smile.

I ran downstairs and bumped into him. "Sorry...I was—

"It's okay, just be careful..." he said. I nodded before heading out in the garden for some fresh air. A while later, Radhi joined me.

"Di, I didn't know that you guys had swings!" Radhi said.  "Come here and join me!" She said excitedly and I nodded slowly before taking a swing next to her.

"Wow! It's so fun!" She said, swinging very high.

"Careful Radhi!" I said.

"Come on, catch up with me!" She replied gesturing me to swing faster.

"No, Radhi—Ah—  I turned my head behind and saw Mirtunjay, smirking at me before pushing the swing and I clutched the swing-chains tightly, closing my eyes.

"Mr. Singh! Don't!" I warned him. But he laughed and Radhi joined him. "Oh my god, di, just chill it's just a swing!"

"Ye-Yeah I know."