Nightly Discussion

"Asher! Get your butt over here!" I yelled from the terrace. "I swear to God if you didn't see it you gonna regret it!"

"What is i—WHOA!"

"I know right?!" I grinned.

Let me explains. Few things make me threw all dignity out of the window, which are stars (shooting stars to be exact), Music and Song, Cooking, Competition, and Boredom. Tonight, I was reading the book on the terrace. A change of place. Asher fussed on me until I get tired and just grab a spare sheet and proceed to huddle at the corner, reading a book with hot tea in a tall glass, making him threw his hands up and went inside to wash the dishes.

It was by happenstance I looked up in break between the pages and saw silver lines racing throughout the sky. Not only one or two but dozens. In various sizes. There's only one thing to explains this phenomenon.

Meteor Shower.

I am not ashamed to admit I squealed, before yelling for Asher to come in.

His expression was gold. I am going to commit it to memory.

I smiled and turn my face back to the sky. Closing my eyes and clasped my head in a praying motion.

"Master?"

"They said 'Make a wish upon a Shooting Star', and so let's pray. Who knows, someone might hear it."

"Ah, yes!"

My wish is simple. Let me enjoy a peaceful life with people I care about, seeing beautiful and exciting things.

A flash of awkward face briefly showed up in my mind.

Right. If it's possible, I want to meet him again. Maybe a small talk or something.

The Meteor Shower lasted a few more minutes, which we enjoyed to our heart's content. It's not every day you see a Meteor Shower, after all, so enjoy it when you can.

"Nee. Master?"

"Mm?"

"When you said God, which one do you refer?"

Which one? Oh right. I forgot. In this world... there are multiple deities. Thirteenth Major Deities that were worshipped. Kinda reminds me of the Olympians from Greek Mythology. As for the one I refer to... well...

"Noir." The 13th God. The God of Shadow, Underworld, and Darkness in General. Basically, this world version of Hades.

The one who kills me and reincarnating me here.

If people could read my thought, they would be flabbergasted and aghast. WHY would I pray to someone who had once KILL me? Well. For one, rather than hiding away and shifting the blame behind lies, he straight forward explaining it and the circumstances behind it. Considering he was holding back his anger for the whole effing YEAR... I think I had to give him some slack. At least I was being some poor sod who had bad luck being collateral damage rather than a prophecied kid or something. I won't have heavy pressure weighing on my shoulders.

For another, I owe him one. He could have made me born in some random family, or even a doggone poorhouse, or a cold, treacherous household, yet he put me in a warm house, even if an eccentric one, and allow me to meet people like Asher.

"But... Master! He's God of Underworld!"

"Yes? And?"

Asher sputtered. "W-why of all deities, it has to be him?! Why not someone else? Like Lord Ienor, the God of Sky, or Lord Erelas, God of Forest? Why it has to be Noir?"