Kidnapper Vs Sass

Look, let me make things clear.

I do NOT approve this situation in any way, shape, or form. I mean, hogtied with a rope till I resemble a caterpillar was not my idea for weekend, ok? Also, while I would like something exciting to happens, I don't mean getting kidnapped.

Have I mention that I was locked in a cold jail-like room? No? Well, now I do.

I was having a walk in the town to search an idea for business; can't let my sister get ahead of me; when suddenly a handkerchief dipped in chloroform plastered on my face and suddenly I was losing my consciousness. When I wake up, well, you can guess I am no longer in the place I was before. In fact I don't know where am I.

Seriously, this was cliché as hell.

At least I'm not gagged. That was a bonus on me, and a dumbass move on their part.

Should I be terrified? Well, I AM! But I am more pissed that I fell into such a stupid, overused plot. What am I? Damsel in distress?

Also, I know for a fact I was kidnapped in a broad daylight. Unless the whole effing town was onto this scheme, someone is bound to panicked and warned the authority. Since my family owned the land, rescue is not that far.

I just need to stall time, honestly.

and finds out who the SON OF A BITCH who arrange this whole scheme.

Though since I was left alone, let's use this time to find out how to escape. At least loose the ropes. My wrist hurt dammit.

Ugh. It was so hard to get the rope off. I can't reach the knot even if I pull a muscle here! Fuck. Okay. Pulling the rope loose is impossible. Was there any sharp implements that was wide and long enough to cut this thing off? Preferably a dagger or a sword. Spear is also ok.

Nothing.

Nothing was here.

Except old craters and barrels.

You know what? Crater's edge is fine. I'm not that picky.

How did I get there, though? Should I wiggle like a worm? UGH! So infuriating! And it's so hard! The rope scrapes on my skin and pressed on my limbs, and it was not a fun sensation! Gah! This is rather painful!

Suddenly I heard footsteps and semi-muffled voices from behind the door. I quickly scrambled to get my position upright and facing the door. Acting as if I just woke up and didn't attempt to free myself (yet). I won't let them mock me. I have my pride!

The door swung open, bringing light onto this dim lit room. I have to squinted my eyes until I get used to the new level of brightness.

Huh. That old man who enters the room look familiar. Seems like I have seen him somewhere before, but can't remember where.

We~ll, he is not particularly pleasing to the eyes, so it's normal for me to forget him. I mean, I had a hunch the is the type of people I could live without knowing he ever exist.

"Enjoy your stay, brat?"

Wow. Even his voice sounds greasy.

I stuck out my tongue on him.

"Your hospitality is terrible. Your manner is ever worse. Your parents must be ashamed of you." Was my retort. "Also, score one out of ten. Not recommended. Be grateful I didn't give you zero."

His face turned red, then purple.

"YOU INSOLENT PIECE OF SHIT--!"

He stomped towards me, intending to kick me, but I quickly rolled out from the way, resulting in him missed the marks. Combine that with too much energy, he slipped and almost fell flat on his face. Almost. Too bad he manage to rebalanced himself. But not without putting utmost pressure on his fancy suit, that it ripped on the seams with a loud "RRRRRRTTTTTT!!!"

I fell back laughing when I saw his boxer. Piss yellow! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SO DAMN FUNNY! IT WOULD BE BETTER IF IT HAS RUBBER DUCK PATTERN OR SMILEY FACES!

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

I laughed even harder.

Which, in hindsight, not the best idea since I was left blindsided and not anticipating for the strike.

Okay. Lesson learned. Laugh when you're already in safety. Got it.

That slimy old geezer grab me by hair and lifted me up.

"You're going to pay for humiliating me."

'Pui!' I spat on his face.

"You've already done a good job humiliating yourself." I replied.

He smashed my face against the stone floor.

"Shut up!" He growled. "Don't act innocent on me, boy, I know for a fact you're out to ruin my business."

I gritted my teeth. Ugh. My head is already hurting without listening to this old fart's delusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Playing dumb are we?" Yuck, his breath reeks. Did someone binge drinking alcohol? Yes. "You've been on my case ever since Lady Laufreya's birthday party."

I stares blankly.

Uh, that party was, like, months ago? As in, over half a year ago? Seriously? That much of a grudge? Doesn't he has better things to take care of or what?

Also, what did I do to him? I can't remember since that was my first Social Debut and I have to meet so many people that I never meet again ever since. So ex-fucking-cuse me if I forgot who are you.

"You, sir, need a better hobby."

My head almost cracked open when this old fart slammed me against the floor. Again.

"Let's see if you still can talk like this when you're starved to death." He hissed before walking out.

I snorted. Both because I can see his underwear through the rip, and because I know it won't be long before I left this godsforsaken place.

Rescue team is on the way.

Definitely.

Surely.

...right?

~X~

"I will also take this, and this, and this. Oh, that one too."

"Y-you... Don't you agree you only will take three times of the original payment?!"

"Did I? My mistakes. I forgot. My memories is weird, you see."

"You fucking rip-off--"

"Would you like if I leaked the locations to the Ainslie?"

"..."

"That's what I thought. Now, if you excuse me..."

The mercenary put his payment into expanded bag and speed walked out from the mansion. Sliding past people and things alike with silent steps.

He paused when he crossed the gate, glanced back to the mansion. A grim snarl decorated his lips.

"You're fucking lucky I didn't gut you right then and there." He hissed. "Forget his pet dog, forget the Ainslie. That kid is Noir-fucking-favored."

He swore his heart almost stopped dead when he saw the shadows were surrounding the unconscious kid as if protecting him. Shadow is not exactly a common element. There's only one God who controls it, and He was the one nobody want to piss off.

He had to be careful when putting up the blocking ward around the warehouse where that kid is stored. One sloppy job and it can be traced back at him. Like hell he incites the wrath of The Dark God. He ain't suicidal. If push come to shove, if that God send His minions over, he will throw that greedy scum under the carriage.

First thing first, get the FUCK out of this country. He heard the federation in the southwest has good prospect for mercenaries.