Out to the Town

The food had lasted for a month. There's still some left, but it won't last for another day or two.

I'm also taking a hobby of writing and doodling in an empty book, and I'm running out of book and ink.

Not to mention Asher had caught a flu. It was still on the light stage, but I rather not taking chance.

Conclusion: we're going to the town today.

"Asher! Let's go to town!" I called out. He nodded and about to say something before a sneeze cut him off. I cringed and handed him a tissue box. We really need to bring him to the Doctor, ASAP.

The travel to the town feels much longer than it should be. Asher sneezes every few minutes or so, it would be annoying if I'm not worried about him. The highlight of this situation as it was near the end of winter, so there's less snow and the weather is clear. Had it been snowy or stormy, I don't know what should I do because, duh, WHO wants to go out in that weather? Anyone who did must be freezing to the bones!

When we finally arrive at the town, I ask some passerby where to find a doctor, healer, clinic, apothecary, whatever. As long as the owner competent and not prejudice against beastman.

We were directed to a clinic. It was not big, but decent enough for business.

The one who greeted us was an old woman with wrinkles decorating her face and whitening hair. "Welcome." She greeted. "What can I help you with?"

I pointed at Asher. "Do you cater for Beastman? He's been sneezing nonstop." Cue Asher went into another sneezing fit.

The old woman observed him, before reached epiphany. "Ah. You're Fenris Beastman, aren't you?"

"Fenris?"

"A type of Wolf-Beastman. Fenris is notably known for their white fur." Huh. So Asher is a wolf and not a dog. Well... some dogs do resemble wolves a lot. "Your friend just caught common Flu. It's a good call for you to coming here instead of straight buy medicine. Some Beastman has an allergy to certain herbs. I'll write them for you." I know. There's a reason I freaked out over what should I feed him with. I hope his list of allergies is not long. "I'll make the medicine, but it will take some time."

"It's okay," I replied. "I have something to do. You don't mind if Asher stays, don't you?"

"Wha?" Asher blinked. "But ma-a-ah-ACHOO!"

I chuckled and patted his head, scratching his ears lightly. "Sorry Asher, but I don't think it's a good idea if you follow me. I doubt the shop owners would like it if you sneeze all over their wares." He pouted at me and do his best of puppy eyes impression.

Wide innocent eyes. Pouty lips. Ears flattened to his skull...

...damn it. It was working.

"Right. I'll be back as soon as possible. Please take care of him, ma'am! Bye!" I quickly run away before he got me wrapped around his fluffy paw. I swear I hear him whines.

Sorry, Asher. But this is for your own good. I'll take you on a walk when you stop sneezing.

I buy stuff similar to last month. Paid people extra to set my purchase aside until I collect them later. I notice that since it was near spring, some people start selling/buying seeds to plant come next month.

I can't help but think of my yard. My empty, barren yard. While during winter it wasn't too bad, but come to Spring it would be obvious. Maybe ordering some flowers and bushes would be a good idea. If anything, having plants to take care of would help passing times. Just that, ugh. Asher's allergy.